Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 11:48 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,154 times

Advertisements

for no reason at all (I have not put in the air conditioner yet this year)...my electric bill went up $55
My National Grid bill went up $50
My cable bill went up $50

So apparently everyone is getting a raise but me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2008, 12:19 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,507,985 times
I hear you with the electric. We've yet to put in the A/C units, but we're up in cost. I have LIPA coming out to test our appliances, etc. We have an electric stove but I don't cook (sad, but true--hubby BBQs), no heat is on, and same appliances from the original owner. How did it go up?

Old 06-26-2008, 12:45 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,944 times
Gotta love Cablevision, still up to their old tricks.

Some things never change.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:54 PM

453 posts, read 1,535,510 times
Funny, I just clicked over to Newsday and the headline?

Citing oil costs, LIPA hikes rates 3%

Ugh.

I have to run the A/C when it's really hot, I can't ask my 4 month old to suffer in the heat. She's too little for that...

Old 06-26-2008, 01:29 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,757,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
for no reason at all (I have not put in the air conditioner yet this year)...my electric bill went up $55
My National Grid bill went up $50
My cable bill went up $50

So apparently everyone is getting a raise but me!
Hey GiGi! You sell a couple of my listings and I'll sell a couple of yours, then we can pay the bills. I'll even kick in a buger from American.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM

you're on Tom

only all the customers are making me spend a bundle on gas because THEY CAN'T DECIDE!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 10:35 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,675,092 times
Quote:
for no reason at all (I have not put in the air conditioner yet this year)...my electric bill went up ...

No reason at all, huh?

All energy prices, not only the price of gasoline* of which you have made much mention, has risen dramatically the last year and the energy costs associated with producing electricity are no different. Your bill is made up of two parts: the physical kwh usage and the cost per unit of physical kwh usage, so even if your physical kwh usage was the same, or may be less, the increased cost per unit of physical kwh usage would add up (actually, multiply up) to a higher bill.

* As a real estate professional, you should be well aware that you can deduct from your gross income the costs of owning and operating a vehicle, including the costs of purchasing gasoline, and it is not unknown for some real estate professionals to include the costs of gasoline for personal use in their tax calculations.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
No reason at all, huh?

All energy prices, not only the price of gasoline* of which you have made much mention, has risen dramatically the last year and the energy costs associated with producing electricity are no different. Your bill is made up of two parts: the physical kwh usage and the cost per unit of physical kwh usage, so even if your physical kwh usage was the same, or may be less, the increased cost per unit of physical kwh usage would add up (actually, multiply up) to a higher bill.

* As a real estate professional, you should be well aware that you can deduct from your gross income the costs of owning and operating a vehicle, including the costs of purchasing gasoline, and it is not unknown for some real estate professionals to include the costs of gasoline for personal use in their tax calculations.

actually I choose to go the milege route rather than the gas route...I keep track of every mile I go when showing rentals & houses. My accountant told me I can use one or the other but not both.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:56 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,514,030 times
Quote:
actually I choose to go the milege route rather than the gas route...I keep track of every mile I go when showing rentals & houses. My accountant told me I can use one or the other but not both.
Yeah I do this with my Navy Reserve Travel...It can be pretty substantial come tax time. Mileage works out better for me as well.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:09 PM

1,413 posts, read 1,512,757 times
Everyone's pay TV bills are going up, though usually not that much all at once. Contracts providing for enormous payments to carry big league sports have to be paid for somehow; the only difficulty for the carriers is that it's just about reached the breaking point as people are now changing over to Netflix, Hulu, or even just rabbit ears and other antennas. $150 a month for TV is insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island