Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2008, 09:19 AM

46 posts, read 259,169 times

Advertisements

I asked this question a long time ago but didn't get much of a response and now that I really need to figure out my child care situation, I was wondering if anyone knew of any great day care centers in Dix Hills or Commack? I heard that the Suffolk Y is great but there's a year wait for my 10-month old. (that's right, a year wait!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,541,654 times
Try BEST in Commack/Hauppauge/ end of the northern State. Very nice.....

Old 01-03-2009, 04:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
My child attends Small Wonders Child Care Center located at the end of Northern State (turns into 347) at the NYS Office Building (where DMV is located). The town is Hauppauge. It is very convenient to the LIE service road (north side).

My child has been attending there for 3 years (since she was an infant) and I absolutely love it and cant say enough about the staff and its ciriculum. I was VERY nervous about going back to work and was skeptical at putting my daugher into daycare to begin with and they made me right at home there. Their all day open door policy meant I can visit her every 5 minutes if I wanted to (unannounced) and they never made me feel bad or awkward about my apprehension.

After a while I gained comfort, especially after making "sneak peeks" in the window after leaving the room. She did wonderfully and enjoyed hanging out with the other kids....and then she grew and grew and still has these friends today.

They give me daily reports of the happenings, issues (if any), etc. so I know what she did, what she ate, what she read, how long she napped, etc. which is so reassuring to know they are so attentive to my child as an individual.

They not only do a lot of free play, crafts, etc. but also do advanced things like (simple) sign lanugage, foreign language (again, very simple so it is approprite for her age). Recently (she is 3 now), they made a "heathful" pizza and made mashed potatoes from scratch.

Overall, I think it the "home-y" type atmosphere that I love there. I truly feel my child belongs and is constantly made 'part of the group' there.

The fact that parents are constantly visiting (its located inside an office building whose employees bring their kids there) gives me even an extra assurance as a working parent (as opposed to a stand alone center where no parents find it practical to "spot-visit"). Also, since it is a governmental building, they have a full security guard staff watching the grounds, etc. and the builing is under strict maintenance standards.

It is open to the public, and, in my opinion, its rates are reasonable for me.

360-0472 is their #.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island