U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:28 PM

1 posts, read 6,507 times
Default I need help finding apartment

This seems to be the big problem I am looking for an apartment in Nassdau County that will accept D.S.S. But that is where it stops I am looking but not finding if you can help me And my children please do. I can only afford $900. Please someone help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:12 PM

889 posts, read 1,516,074 times
Very very hard to find an apartment that accepts social services or section 8. Real Estate agents can't search for these apartments. I try and tell customers who call...
When you know what town you want to live in get a business phone book and start calling the big name RE companies, Caldwell, Coach etc...and ask each one of them if they have any rentals that accept your program. Since we can't search for what other agents have...you have to find the agents who have them.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 PM

123 posts, read 428,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom looking for apartment View Post
This seems to be the big problem I am looking for an apartment in Nassdau County that will accept D.S.S. But that is where it stops I am looking but not finding if you can help me And my children please do. I can only afford $900. Please someone help.

i thought section 8 provides a list of all rentals. i thought when a person has an apt for rent they call section 8 to be put on their list for possible rentals and than section 8 comes in and does their own inspection to make sure its all good for the person to live. at least thats what happen when my boss rented out an apt he owned to section 8.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 PM

7,571 posts, read 10,011,426 times
They don't provide a of available apartments

Yes, they do their own inspection to make sure the apartment is legal and conforms to their standards, which is why many landlords don't accept Section 8 tenants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Westbury View Post
i thought section 8 provides a list of all rentals.

section 8 comes in and does their own inspection to make sure its all good for the person to live. at least thats what happen when my boss rented out an apt he owned to section 8.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:40 PM

I agree that it's hard to find apartment rentals that accept programs, but we can search for them on MLS, unless it's an exclusive listing or the company is not part of MLS... it's just a little more time consuming than regular rentals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Very very hard to find an apartment that accepts social services or section 8. Real Estate agents can't search for these apartments. I try and tell customers who call...
When you know what town you want to live in get a business phone book and start calling the big name RE companies, Caldwell, Coach etc...and ask each one of them if they have any rentals that accept your program. Since we can't search for what other agents have...you have to find the agents who have them.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:24 AM

889 posts, read 1,516,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
I agree that it's hard to find apartment rentals that accept programs, but we can search for them on MLS, unless it's an exclusive listing or the company is not part of MLS... it's just a little more time consuming than regular rentals.
Elke, how can we search them? There is no box to fill in that says "Section 8 accepted" when we put up a listing. So unless you are going to open every single listing and read what's in the description of the mls ads....how the heck do you search for section 8 without a search button?

If I want to search for IG Pool I can
If I want to search for Pets I can
If I want to search for 2 kitchens I can

but Section 8?

Old 07-26-2008, 11:15 AM

Gigi, when you do your search, under "Remarks", type in "Sec. 8", "Programs", etc., and if they are mentioned in the listings, they will pop up.
If my explanation doesn't make sense (entirely possible LOL), email me via my Yahoo email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Elke, how can we search them? There is no box to fill in that says "Section 8 accepted" when we put up a listing. So unless you are going to open every single listing and read what's in the description of the mls ads....how the heck do you search for section 8 without a search button?

If I want to search for IG Pool I can
If I want to search for Pets I can
If I want to search for 2 kitchens I can

but Section 8?

Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,870 times
I can't find a appartment that will accept my background! Can anyone help? [email]Joelhyde18@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 10-09-2011, 07:11 PM

11,120 posts, read 7,375,564 times
Long Island Apartment Rentals & Section 8 Housing Broker
I found this online I hope it helps

Old 10-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
As you can see, all the "examples" are no longer available.

Apartment rentals for Section 8, DSS, and other programs are very limited in numbers. I have several applicants who are approved but not enough rentals who accept programs. This goes for tenants looking for anywhere from 1 BR to 5/6 BRs.
The demand FAR OUTWEIGHS the supply!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island