U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2008, 04:46 PM

11 posts, read 29,389 times
Default Finally Moving to Massapequa Park

Other then All American, can anyone reccomend Pizza and chinese places to eat at or take out? What's the better place to do food shopping? Can you recommend electrician, plumbers, and a company that does gas furnace repairs etc?

Thanks,

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 AM

83 posts, read 244,012 times
Having lived in Massapequa (off Broadway) for a number of years I happen to like Fra Amichi which is on Broadway & Jerusalem. But keep in mind that Massapequa is FULL of Pizza places and you really can't go wrong. Of course I'm saying this as a current resident of California where there's no such thing as good NY pizza anymore (with extremely rare exception).

I never had a favorite Chinese food place 'cause they were all fairly good. There was a place on Park Blvd (by Clark) that we went to often because it was close. China Grill I think its called now? This is another thing that is done completely differently in California than NY (and I sooo much prefer NY Chinese food)

Old 08-10-2009, 08:27 AM

14 posts, read 30,205 times
Congratulations on your move. As far as Chinese I have tried them all, but the best is Cheung Mei down by St Rose of Lima on Merrick Road. For pizza, Fra Amichi which is north, and Pizza Bistro and Ginos which as south on Merrick Road are good. Best bagels for sure are next to Massapequa High School at the Buttered Bagel.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:44 PM

1,056 posts, read 507,223 times
the best pizza in all of the massapequa areas is GINO'S PIZZA, across from burns park. trust me. Ive been eating pizza all my life and they have THE BEST in town.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM

6 posts, read 10,024 times
I love Carmela's pizza! On Merrick Road, All American Burger is good too. TaiShow is next door and is also great. Good luck on the move! - Fascaldi Plumbing is an honest company, we used them when our water heater blew up.... they helped us immediately and we've been using them ever since.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 AM

3,686 posts, read 4,053,838 times
Welcome to Massapequa Park. I second SoCalDave's recommendations. Try the new restaurant in town, Good Life. Very good food and lots of different beers.

If you like Cajun food, try Big Daddy's just north of the tracks on Front Street and Unqua.

If you can dump the wife and kids and need a good dive bar, try Woody's Village Saloon.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Damn..why do people top these old posts?. What do you have to do constantly check teh date. By know Vin has found out that he should have moved to Rocky Point.

Niknak...a little piece of advise...don't top old posts because you are new and just read them. The OP doesn't need that info any longer.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 AM

15,537 posts, read 15,238,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Damn..why do people top these old posts?. What do you have to do constantly check teh date. By know Vin has found out that he should have moved to Rocky Point.

Niknak...a little piece of advise...don't top old posts because you are new and just read them. The OP doesn't need that info any longer.
On the left side of a thread in a forum thread list you will see:

... if the thread is old and is categorized as a "revived old thread." Then you know the OP's original statement/question is way out of date and can choose to ignore that thread if you want to.

I think the only exception to this would be if the OP of the thread had already "decorated" it with a different symbol when they made the first post.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:59 AM

My, my...is there anything you are not learned about?

Old 06-10-2010, 07:29 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,882,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

Thank you. I was all excited to tell this OP my favorite places and would have never realized that this thread was two years old and the OP hasnt posted anything since 2008 unless you pointed it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island