U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 01:14 AM

500 posts, read 2,129,464 times

Advertisements

Believe me I'm not happy either with illegal aliens! As a LEGAL immigrant myself, I had to go through the whole big long expensive process of becoming a LEGAL American. You can imagine it bothers me when people come to America, stay here illegally, complain about our great country, reap all the benefits but wave their Mexican flag, refuse to speak English, have ten children at age eighteen and set up Mexican shops all over. You come to America, immigrant, integrate and be a proud American! We didn't come to America to be a stupid extension of our countries of birth.

That said, it annoys the heck out of me when people react against illegals the way the did in Farmingville, Long Island. So damn wrong. Or when people flood these forums asking the same question one million times, "what do you think about illegal aliens?" (yes, they're bad, now stop whining). Or when people get hysterical about it thinking America will be brown-skinned in ten years.

Let's take it easy.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:27 AM

330 posts, read 1,354,963 times
Default Send the illegals back, afterall they are breaking laws!

That's great to hear that you did the right thing and didn't break any laws. I'm so happy that you entered the USA legally. Good for you, all should do the same.

And all should learn English properly.

I no longer live on Long Island but what exactly happened farmingville? Was there a protest? Did it get violent or something? We need to protest for sure, if we just sit back like a bunch of cowards then hey don't complain, deal with it.

This country needs to wake up.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
Believe me I'm not happy either with illegal aliens! As a LEGAL immigrant myself, I had to go through the whole big long expensive process of becoming a LEGAL American. You can imagine it bothers me when people come to America, stay here illegally, complain about our great country, reap all the benefits but wave their Mexican flag, refuse to speak English, have ten children at age eighteen and set up Mexican shops all over. You come to America, immigrant, integrate and be a proud American! We didn't come to America to be a stupid extension of our countries of birth.

That said, it annoys the heck out of me when people react against illegals the way the did in Farmingville, Long Island. So damn wrong. Or when people flood these forums asking the same question one million times, "what do you think about illegal aliens?" (yes, they're bad, now stop whining). Or when people get hysterical about it thinking America will be brown-skinned in ten years.

Let's take it easy.

Old 01-28-2007, 08:56 AM

265 posts, read 1,069,790 times
Apparantly it is easier to stay here illegally than most people realize.

Several years ago I was surprised to learn that a fellow who sometimes hung out with my son's group of friends was here illegally. He'd come over from South America a few years previously, on a student visa (college) and simply never went back (he didn't graduate either). He had a car, an apartment, and a job as a bartender in a chain-type restaurant -- which meant he had a Social Security number! I'd never have known he was an illegal except that my son and his friends suddenly started having to drive this guy around after he totalled his car in a late-night meeting with a tree; then got fired for being caught stealing money from a fellow-employee's purse. That's when the story came out that he was here illegally. Apparantly there are ways to obtain a phony Social Security number.

Don't know what happened to him eventually, as my son lost touch with that group of friends. The fellow in question was in his late twenties at the time, btw. I'm guessing he hooked up with the phony-SS-# thing while in college.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:25 PM

492 posts, read 87,111 times
Quote:
Long Island... is this place where they hunt down Mexicans and lynch them, but then they all say "we're not racist". I know, I know. You are not. I'm not either!

Remember the infamous 2003 firebombing of a house where a Mexican family lived? They survived but their house didn't. It all happened right by where two Mexican workers had been kidnapped and beaten by white supremacists in 2001.

Some say they're "isolated" incidents, some say it's in the LI spirit.

I don't know.
White supremacists ? I dont think so Long Island has many Constitutionalists. perhaps you mean The Knights Party, there a grass-roots movement and they have members of many skin colors.

Truth about that 2001 incident is those **south of the border criminals** in 2001 broke into and were squatting in somebodys summer home. When the owners showd up in December to blow the water lines out and close for the winter they found the animals passed out drunk (some in there own urine) in a rats nest of electric heaters, extention cords, mountain of Bud cans. The invaders ran in all directions, jumped out windows some were caught and dealt with. They received far less then they deserved.
The US Constitution guarantees the right to protect against invasion, if the Government can do it's job “the people” have a right to self militia.
You wont find mextizos and OTM's in there baseball caps, dirty tattered clothes being bold east Riverhead most of them have left.

Last edited by Joe L; 01-28-2007 at 03:41 PM..

Old 01-28-2007, 04:49 PM

500 posts, read 2,129,464 times
Joe, I don't think we're talking about the same incident. What I mean is the 2003 firebombing of a Farmingville house where a Mexican family lived. White racists went there and just set the house in fire because it had Mexicans.

And in 2001, white supremacists lured two Mexicans into a Farmingville basement promising them jobs and beat them up because they were Mexicans.

These are unjustified savage acts of racist violence that have nothing to do with defending your property.

Joe?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:58 PM

549 posts, read 1,543,136 times
When did Farmingville start representing all of Long Island?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:59 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,591,351 times
Quote:
Joe, I don't think we're talking about the same incident. What I mean is the 2003 firebombing of a Farmingville house where a Mexican family lived. White racists went there and just set the house in fire because it had Mexicans.

And in 2001, white supremacists lured two Mexicans into a Farmingville basement promising them jobs and beat them up because they were Mexicans.

These are unjustified savage acts of racist violence that have nothing to do with defending your property.

Joe?
No, but I did watch Americas Most Wanted and last year and it was a story about an illegal alien who kidnapped a little white girl off her bike, raped her, and held her hostage in his house for hours. She escaped back to her house when the illegal alien fell asleep.

The girl went home and told her dad, so the father went over to the house and the illegal got into a fight with the girls dad and then fled.

A couple of weeks later the house that the girl was raped in burned down suspiciously. Go to AMW.com you can read the story.

Is this what you are referring to?

Old 01-28-2007, 06:01 PM

2,806 posts, read 11,933,860 times
When did beating Mexicans with baseball bats and setting their houses on fire become a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY - Dallas View Post
When did Farmingville start representing all of Long Island?

Old 01-28-2007, 06:13 PM

492 posts, read 87,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Is this what you are referring to?
No that’s another incident and there ar 100's like it. I don’t know why but most these illegal are drunks and perverts. They killed more American citizens DWI last year then we lost during 911 and the Iraq war together.
They drive uninsured-unregistered an flee into the woods befor the spilled out beer cans hit the pavement

Long Islanders are not racist many come from parts of the city that were once paradises. Some history about why they are so hostile to hispanics:
In 60's Kennedy signed his "Immigration Act of 1965" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_Act_of_1965 relaxing immigration requirments, paperwork for citizenship. Caribbean countrys cleaned house and sent us there worst waste, freed up all there jails etc.
Most Brooklyn and borderline areas like Ridgewood were turned into slums by these new Caribbean people IN FIVE YEARS !. I remember the Puerto Rican's would throw the garbage out the window into the yards, ONE GUY HAD CHICKENS ! The kids would come in our gate with rocks break the chain and steal our bicycles and drive them up and down our block. There parents did nothing and threatend to break our windows when we had to call the cops.
Schools were turned into zoo's with 50 per kids classroom, The city would find itself bankrupt requiring a bailout in Big Mac bonds.

People in Long Island pay to much taxes to let this happen again (this time with Mexicans an OTMs who are WORSE) without a fight.
I lived on Dekalb and Knickerbocker till around age 12

Last edited by Joe L; 01-28-2007 at 06:24 PM..

Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 PM

161 posts, read 766,543 times
Mahattan-ite you are so dead wrong. Every Long Islander was appalled by that horrible incident in Suffolk County. Many are not happy with the changing environment but to suggest that the terrible incident is a reflection of the sentiment of long islanders is wrong and irresponsible. I think nearly every Long Islander deals with Mexican immigrants every day and many benefit from their presence. All the landscape crews, roofers, construction workers, kitchen help etc are all partially Mexican or South American immigrants. I don't think that they are disliked. They are in fact pleasant and respectful hardworking people who want to enjoy the American Dream like anyone else. But we should all agree that every single immigrant that enters the United States must be documented and Legal!! That is an undisputable demand. Anything less is an open door to terrorism and the likes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island