U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:25 PM

330 posts, read 1,354,647 times

Advertisements

There's a good chance this question is just going to start some big debate here. But in reality , how bad is the Illegal Immigration problem on " Long Island" ?

Are certain towns worse then others? If so what parts? And I know they are in every single state, but some places have it real bad, like here in " Las Vegas".

Are the school there becoming overcrowded? Crime problems? Gangs, Overcrowded ER's?

Any info helps

Thanks

Old 01-26-2007, 08:40 PM

991 posts, read 3,357,780 times
Default Illegal Aliens

You know it will start a rip roaring debate. I really feel that most people think that the homeowners are against hispanic people as a whole, we are not! What we don't like is the people that come here illegally and stuff 20 men into a one bedroom house with one bathroom and the cesspools backing up in our yards. No matter where you come from. Anyone not here legally is taking away from people who are US citizens. NO MATTER WHAT YOUR RACE IS! It is overburdening!

Old 01-26-2007, 11:57 PM

1,359 posts, read 3,813,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
There's a good chance this question is just going to start some big debate here. But in reality , how bad is the Illegal Immigration problem on " Long Island" ?

Are certain towns worse then others? If so what parts? And I know they are in every single state, but some places have it real bad, like here in " Las Vegas".

Are the school there becoming overcrowded? Crime problems? Gangs, Overcrowded ER's?

Any info helps

Thanks
Fortunately, as of now, it's a problem in only certain areas...again, as of now. I hope that doesn't change. Areas like Hempstead, Roosevelt, and Westbury are loaded up. There are also some areas by train stations. As a whole, though, LI is still very nice, very safe, and not overrun.

Old 01-27-2007, 02:13 AM

Default Long Island & illegal aliens

Thank You, now i just wish the cost of living would drop some. the taxes there on Long Island are a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Fortunately, as of now, it's a problem in only certain areas...again, as of now. I hope that doesn't change. Areas like Hempstead, Roosevelt, and Westbury are loaded up. There are also some areas by train stations. As a whole, though, LI is still very nice, very safe, and not overrun.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Illegal aliens

The taxes are a joke, the county executives keep talking about lowering taxes, mine went up 800.00 dollars this years almost doubling them in 6 years from when we bought. It is definatley a joke, new construction the taxes in an average to even below average area start at 10,000 before you go to closing! The schools are good some better than others but not worth the amounts we are paying, and the fire districts need to stop ordering the top of the line fire trucks, and do they really need vinyl fencing around the departments what is wrong with stockade?

Old 01-27-2007, 08:13 AM

4,249 posts, read 297,835 times
and now there is the subject of the schools.Why do the children of tax payers who need special education have to fight just to get what they deserve.

Meanwhile, Eduardo or Jose or Maria can get special ed no problem? It took a friends son 10 months to get an amplifier ; all because the board had to make sure his would be compatible with Jose's.
dorothy

Old 01-27-2007, 09:35 AM

Hey okay Dorothy, great screen name by the way! I really did not want to go there abouth the special ed situation, but you are right on target my son needs speech services as prescribed by a private speech therapist, but my school says it is not necessary, but he qualifies for 2 times a week from my insurance which I pay into 170.00 per month plus my 25.00 copays. But, my district says it is not necessary, and will not evaluate him, but there is money for the teachers to learn another language just to communicate with the parents, and there is an enrichment program held on Saturdays, and more than half of my sons class is taken out to learn to speak English. I really would not care what other were receiving except for the fact that it is not fair and equal to all.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:18 PM

492 posts, read 86,673 times
Yes Roosevelt and Westbury are 3rd world countrys especially on Saturday nights when they been drinking all day long.
...turn on a radio scanner, some are simple so **** drunk they cant walk however some get real "brave" and starting trouble.
Actually the been fleeing in Suffolk county where County Executive and cops are fed up with them. Personally I canít stand them 99% of them have no desire to obey out laws or assimilate!

Old 01-27-2007, 10:18 PM

500 posts, read 2,129,057 times
Default take the train to LI, but watch out

Long Island... is this place where they hunt down Mexicans and lynch them, but then they all say "we're not racist". I know, I know. You are not. I'm not either!

Remember the infamous 2003 firebombing of a house where a Mexican family lived? They survived but their house didn't. It all happened right by where two Mexican workers had been kidnapped and beaten by white supremacists in 2001.

Some say they're "isolated" incidents, some say it's in the LI spirit.

I don't know.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Long Island & illegal aliens

I have nothing at all against Mexicans or anybody. I'm just not happy with all these people getting away with breaking laws and living in our country while we pay for it.

Mainly its just hurting our kids, grandkids, and all of the young.

I was basically just wondering if Long Island has a serious Illegal problem like some states do.

California has it real bad, and Vegas is not so great either.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan-ite View Post
Long Island... is this place where they hunt down Mexicans and lynch them, but then they all say "we're not racist". I know, I know. You are not. I'm not either!

Remember the infamous 2003 firebombing of a house where a Mexican family lived? They survived but their house didn't. It all happened right by where two Mexican workers had been kidnapped and beaten by white supremacists in 2001.

Some say they're "isolated" incidents, some say it's in the LI spirit.

I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island