Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 PM

270 posts, read 969,326 times

Advertisements

I used to live on Oak/Maple, and every year, like clockwork, I would find myself needing to go somewhere on Cow Harbor Day and spending half an hour trying to find a way out of all the blocked off roads. The last year I lived in that neighborhood, I made a point to make sure I didn't have any need to leave that day

Enjoy Northport - it's a nice little village. I decided to get more for my money, however, while remaining in the school district, by moving a bit south into East Northport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:55 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,106,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone, I finally moved in this weekend. Yeah, during Cow Harbor Day....lol. Was interesting considering everything, but the people who were scheduled to unpack me on Saturday did so Friday evening since I live on Main St. and it was closed Saturday morning. I walked from my place into town, all I can say is absolutely wonderful. I'm out of town for the next two weeks, but can't wait to return, finish getting organized and enjoying my new home town. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming.

Wow, moving in on Cow Harbor Day...glad it went well and you are happy! I am sure you will love it as you get acquainted with all it has to offer.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:57 PM

11 posts, read 23,593 times
The Northport VA Medical Center can always use volunteers Its a very busy center.The School district Is always pro $$ for new things so taxes are always going up,many young families with school children living here support the spending

Old 11-16-2008, 04:37 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,670,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Huntington View Post
The Northport VA Medical Center can always use volunteers

Despite its name, the Northport Va Medical Center is not in the Village of Northport, it's in the Hamlet of East Northport ("Northport, NY 11768" mailing address).

Old 11-17-2008, 07:52 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Despite its name, the Northport Va Medical Center is not in the Village of Northport, it's in the Hamlet of East Northport ("Northport, NY 11768" mailing address).
It is also in Fort Salonga.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,670,127 times
Default For those who may not be familiar with Fort Salonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
It is also in Fort Salonga.

Tom, there are some who argue that the Northport Va Medical Center is mostly or, even, all in the Hamlet of Fort Salonga ("Northport, NY 11768" mailing address).

Many people may not even know that there is a Hamlet of Fort Salonga as there is no "Fort Salonga, NY" mailing address and places in the Hamlet of Fort Salonga have either a "Northport, NY 11768" or a "Kings Park, NY 11754" mailing address.

For those who may not be familiar with Fort Salonga:

Fort Salonga is a hamlet (an unincorporated area) partly in the northeast part of the Town Huntington and partly in the northwest part of the Town of Smithtown, Suffolk County.

Beginning on the north and moving in a clockwise direction, the Hamlet of Fort Salonga in the Towns of Huntington and Smithtown is bordered on the north by Long Island Sound; on the east by the Hamlet of Kings Park in the Town of Smithtown; on the south by the Hamlet of Commack in the Town of Smithtown and the Town of Huntington, by the Hamlet of East Northport in the Town of Huntington; and, on the west by the Village of Northport and the Village of Asharoken in the Town of Huntington.

Fort Salonga is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: places in the Hamlet of Fort Salonga have a "Northport, NY 11768" and "Kings Park, NY 11754" mailing address.

For a good set of town-by-town maps showing all the villages and hamlets in each of LI's 13 towns (3 in Nassau County and 10 in Suffolk County): Excellent Long Island Geographic Resource
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island