Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:16 AM

176 posts, read 474,531 times

Advertisements

there was a place in huntington that was pretty big, who knows mybe it is still there, I can't believe I forgot the name cos I played there once....also there was a tiny joint called Finally Michaels no idea where that was either, I tend not to remember much from those days, mostly the booze. oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 09:27 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
Wish I had some more besides the shows and the LPs I still have.
BTW, Dumb musician question. Back in their peak what kind of guitars, amps and effects did John and Mickey use? What were the specs on Gatto's cat guitar and what became of it?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeePaw View Post
How about the Salty Dog in Huntington. I believe they knocked it down to make a parking lot for CoCo's (another club) which opened up across the street. I don't even know if CoCo's is still there or not.
Though not a 'rock club' the demise of the Salty Dog reminds me of the razed OBI.

Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 AM

23 posts, read 97,490 times
Wasnt hammerheads in Elmont, I dont remember it being in Mineola or Levittown. FInally Michaels was in Plainview.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,141,532 times
I just came across the site Home of the L.I. Music Hall of Fame

Check it out, it'll trigger a whole lot of memories. Even has the old beach clubs listed.

Index of /lirock (http://www.limusichalloffame.org/lirock/ - broken link)

Long Island Music Hall of Fame: Beaches, Bars, & B-3s (http://www.limusichalloffame.org/lirock/14.bands.html - broken link)

Stony Brook
Long Island Music Hall of Fame: Beaches, Bars, & B-3s (http://www.limusichalloffame.org/lirock/09.stonybrook.html - broken link)

Old 12-16-2009, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 73,776 times
Default Hammerheads

Hammerheads was in West Islip on Sunrise Hwy. Hammerheads was the best rock club around. Two stages, two giant bars set up like old sailing ships and good cheap drink specials. It became Chevy's in the early 90's and was torn down after too many problems and loss of business in the DWI crackdown era.

Anyone remember Tooeys and Mad Hatter of Stony Brook?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptinvestor View Post
Hammerheads was in West Islip on Sunrise Hwy. Hammerheads was the best rock club around. Two stages, two giant bars set up like old sailing ships and good cheap drink specials. It became Chevy's in the early 90's and was torn down after too many problems and loss of business in the DWI crackdown era.

Anyone remember Tooeys and Mad Hatter of Stony Brook?

I miss chevys! I heard they buried the car in the parking lot!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:23 PM

6 posts, read 80,000 times
Default huntington bars

These were some of the bars in huntinton village in the 1980's ,artful dodger, lions cage, salty dog, Docks End, Rose and Thistle
sunshines dance club

Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss The 80's View Post
Anyone remember "Uncle Bob's Rock and Fun House" in Mineola?Mondays were the best! All the area bands would hang there Twisted, Vixen etc.
Yes, I loved Uncle Bob's. That place was decadent.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:11 AM

494 posts, read 1,388,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harlow View Post
the name of the club where walbaums is in Farmingville was called Nylons. Now that place rocked. I never paid a cover with my VIP card.
Nylons used to be called East of Eden,A few bands played there,the OP is talking about starship,across from walbaums,that now is a compare foods.The old starship was in back of Tofu restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island