Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 12:19 PM

1,402 posts, read 1,524,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Had to Jahn's.

The ice cream referred to was called "The Kitchen Sink".
You really needed four guys that were ice cream freaks to polish it all off.

It was Huuuuuuuuuuge!
Wasn't that 32 scoops of ice cream? I can almost see the entry on the menu with the hand-drawn pictures.

I also forgot that there was more than one Jahn's. We used to go to the one in Rockville Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 09:49 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,759,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe461 View Post
Wasn't that 32 scoops of ice cream? I can almost see the entry on the menu with the hand-drawn pictures.

I also forgot that there was more than one Jahn's. We used to go to the one in Rockville Center.
Also one in East Meadow attached to the roller rink.

And some ice cream trucks, too.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,662 times
Was PJs on Main Street in Farmingdale? My husband and I went to a street fair yesterday in Farmingdale and I had a deja vu-ish experience….. I think PJs is now a restaurant called Blue Hawaiian OR Hawaiian Blue….but as we walked on the sidewalk….I knew I had been there before!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,662 times
how about My Father's Place in Roslyn?

Old 09-21-2015, 07:29 AM

8,797 posts, read 21,201,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud125 View Post
how about My Father's Place in Roslyn?
Unfortunately , I remember when My Father's Place was actually a tiny bowling alley. I think there were seven lanes & I am not sure that the pin set-up was even automatic .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-22-2015, 03:33 PM

20,825 posts, read 28,155,148 times
When you used to go and hang out at Hot skates in Lynbrook on a Friday night.
Hang out at car hop night at Nathan's in Oceanside-Do they still do that?
Go to Nunley's amusement park in Baldwin
Hang out in the MacDonald's parking lot in Franklin Square on Franklin Ave

Old 09-24-2015, 11:20 AM

4,169 posts, read 3,362,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
When you used to go and hang out at Hot skates in Lynbrook on a Friday night.
Hang out at car hop night at Nathan's in Oceanside-Do they still do that?
Go to Nunley's amusement park in Baldwin
Hang out in the MacDonald's parking lot in Franklin Square on Franklin Ave

Nunley's was awesome. I believe its carousel ended up in a museum.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:04 PM

20,825 posts, read 28,155,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Nunley's was awesome. I believe its carousel ended up in a museum.
Yes, I think it's in the cradle of aviation museum. Not sure but you can still ride it.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:43 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,107,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Unfortunately , I remember when My Father's Place was actually a tiny bowling alley. I think there were seven lanes & I am not sure that the pin set-up was even automatic .
And the wood from the lanes became the tables at MFP.

Old 11-29-2015, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 2,242 times
Default Long Island 1976

I graduated from Smithtown East in 76 and from 73 to 78 I worked at Brothers Trattoria in Stony Brook in the Rickells home center and Lowes Theatre shopping center off the veterans., It was next door to the Stony Brook town house which in late 74 the owner, Sonny who was good friends with Joe and Matt Rana who owned Brothers, turned it into the Mad Hatter night club where Twisted Sister and the Good Rats and Zebra Played on various nights. That place went from dead to jammed overnight! Dee Snyder of twisted sister and the Good Rat band members used to come into Brothers at times after midnight for Pizza and other stuff. They were all cool guys and very friendly. I used to go to Tueys in Setauket and the knarled ?Hollow Inn off of 25-A in Setauket, it had 2 floors and was kinda a quiet place to mellow if you were stoned. Remember Haydens wine and cheese with the board games and the curtains? Loved that place! I had a Hot 66 chevy Caprice with a big block 396 and used to go down to West Meadow Beach to drag race late fri and sat night. I won sometimes! Us guys at Brothers used to play football against the guys at Rickells and lowes theatre a lot. they had Disco at Pandora's disco in the same shopping center. I also worked at the Kings Park State Hospital from 76 to 88 and used to get high up at the Kings Park Bluff. Man that was a party town back in those days! Anyway bye for now.......Dave .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island