Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 05:34 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,845,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
What about Soloman who murdered his wife on Christmas eve and put her remains in hefty bags?
I will never forget that one. He dumped next door to an investment property my parents owned.
I remember it was the big topic of conversation in teh mall as I shopped that Christmas. People were more innocent then- the average person did not suspect the husband at first so there was a fear of a murderer on the loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 06:04 PM

278 posts, read 802,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Robert Golub was convicted of murdering Kelly Tinyes (sp). Her body was found in the basement of his house. They both lived on the same block in Valley Stream and the parents were always at war with each other. (It was actually very sad. I felt badly for both parents to have to go through that).
Thanks, now I remember that case. Very tragic.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymom View Post
What about the "Preppie Murderer" What was his name again??
The "preppie murderer" was Robert Chambers, and his victim was Jennifer Levin. I think I saw on some news show that he was released from prison within the last few years.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:15 PM

262 posts, read 1,232,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie_D View Post
The "preppie murderer" was Robert Chambers, and his victim was Jennifer Levin. I think I saw on some news show that he was released from prison within the last few years.
That's the one I was trying to think of.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,338 times
Quote:
That was so NASTY. I cringe when I think of how that poor girl's family must have felt.

If I were Ms. Levin's brother, I might be tempted to go "visit" Mr. Chambers.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
That was so NASTY. I cringe when I think of how that poor girl's family must have felt.

If I were Ms. Levin's brother, I might be tempted to go "visit" Mr. Chambers.
That guy was a dirtbag for sure, spoiled rich kid who did what he wanted. I'd probably want to pay him a visit too. I said I saw a tv news show about him after he got out of prison, he didn't look too good. Maybe they taught him some new skills in prison..........

Old 03-05-2007, 09:58 PM

330 posts, read 1,976,217 times
Default Wow? He's out?

He's out of jail? Free? Nomatter how bad he looked after jail means nothing, he needs to vanish forever.

we have sad system!

Quote:
That guy was a dirtbag for sure, spoiled rich kid who did what he wanted. I'd probably want to pay him a visit too. I said I saw a tv news show about him after he got out of prison, he didn't look too good. Maybe they taught him some new skills in prison..........

Old 03-06-2007, 08:35 AM

1,590 posts, read 1,667,338 times
Quote:
Not long after he was let out, they caught him driving around with a bad license, or something. I think they even found a baggie o' nose candy in his pocket.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:22 PM

330 posts, read 1,976,217 times
Default Hamburger place?

Does anybody remember a small hamburgerplace , fries, milk shakes, maybe onion rings small menu, anyway located on i believe Sunrise highway, not to far from that mall, was is called the sunrise mall? Maybe it was near Busy Bee flea market.

It was sort of like a stand, had seats only outdoors, like an old fashioned place. Known for great shakes, food was cheap but good quality. We moved away in 1996 so i have no clue if it still exists, it wsnt a chain.

Wasnt a drive thru, you would just stand and order at the window!

I cant remember the name, nor exact location.

Anybody? Definately in Nassua county.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:33 AM

84 posts, read 360,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsm196 View Post
Does anybody remember a small hamburgerplace , fries, milk shakes, maybe onion rings small menu, anyway located on i believe Sunrise highway, not to far from that mall, was is called the sunrise mall? Maybe it was near Busy Bee flea market.

It was sort of like a stand, had seats only outdoors, like an old fashioned place. Known for great shakes, food was cheap but good quality. We moved away in 1996 so i have no clue if it still exists, it wsnt a chain.

Wasnt a drive thru, you would just stand and order at the window!

I cant remember the name, nor exact location.

Anybody? Definately in Nassua county.
I believe you're referring to All American in Massapequa on Merrick Rd. I'm not certain since I've only lived here for a year, but that sounds pretty close to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island