Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 08:44 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,191,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Ressel View Post
How about Adventureland Amusement Park in Melville, driving through Dairy Barn and does anyone else remember roller skating on Saturday nights at Jones Beach?
WOW! Thats something that I forgot! (Jones beach skating)

Quote:
The Bayshore roller rink was the best place to skate especially with the pom poms on your roller skates!
Ive been there a thousand X's. Remember the Drive In across Sunrise Highway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 08:48 PM

991 posts, read 4,618,014 times
Rosebuds! Wow I remember that! remember in the 70's and 80's the "strip" between smithtown and commack on Route 25? Remember Arby's in Smithtown then it became Beachtree?What about Heffrons in Hauppauge?

Old 08-17-2007, 12:52 PM

184 posts, read 802,054 times
Talking Hamburger Choo-Choo???

Does any one remember "Hamberger choo-choo" in Huntington, It was a diner kind of place and they had a train that ran around the counter and delivered your plate of food. I remeber going there as a kid in the late 60's / early 70's. Also does anyone remember the Pumkin fFarm on Northern Blvd, near Brookville? They used to have a "talking pumpkin" !!! I left LI many years ago and assume many of the things I rember are long gone, but it is fun to look back!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 03:19 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,365,864 times
Quote:
How about Adventureland Amusement Park in Melville, driving through Dairy Barn and does anyone else remember roller skating on Saturday nights at Jones Beach?
Adventure land isn't still there? When my daughter was born at Good Samaritan hospital in West Islip, my Husband took my 5 year old son there the next day.He's now 23.

Diane G
Nashville, Tn

Old 08-19-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedwardjos View Post
Gone but not forgotten:
My Father's Place in Roslyn
Roosevelt Raceway in Westbury
Motion Performance (owned by Joel Rosen) in Baldwin
Nunley's Carousel in Baldwin
Flagg Brothers in Hempstead
I used to go to Nunley's as a child in the 60s!!

Diane

Old 08-19-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie_D View Post
There was a Cookies on Old Counry Road in Hicksville, my Dad loved that place (because of all the free shrimp)!
I went to cookies on my first date with my husband over 33 years ago, but the one on Sunrise Highway by the Green Acres mall. I think the mall was not enclosed then. There also was a Drive-in-Movie right near the Cookies, its now theaters unless that has changed.
Could you believe we still have some operating Drive-in-movies right outside the city limits of Nashville? One is brand new!

Diane

Old 08-19-2007, 03:57 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,144,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Adventure land isn't still there? When my daughter was born at Good Samaritan hospital in West Islip, my Husband took my 5 year old son there the next day.He's now 23.

Diane G
Nashville, Tn
Still there Adventureland

Even has some new rides since I was there last.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:07 PM

525 posts, read 2,351,297 times
THE TALKING PUMPKIN!!!!!!!

Indeed, it was a VERY sad day when the last of those farms on 25A were ploughed for McMansions ((( Every time I drive by there, I always think of the TALKING PUMPKIN-Scared the poop out of me every damn year. Ah the long Island that once was......

And yes Hamburger Cho Cho, this has been mentioned in several threads, though Tomo, the place in its spot is darn good, but as ususal very crowded and loud.

Shout OUT to old-time LI'ers

Old 08-19-2007, 04:16 PM

18,118 posts, read 11,753,710 times
I remember the Aardvark in Levittown

Old 08-19-2007, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,655 times
You Know You're from L.I. When ...
YourTaxes keep going up and your pension doesn't...

Greetings from a LIer who came to LI, the first time in 1939,
when IT was Heaven.
Boy have things changed.

I am writing to you to ask for your help please.

For Starters:

Can anyone tell me where/how I can get a Database copy of Annual School Taxes Paid by Corporations, Town, USA?

Database should consist of Minimum:
Name of Company
Address
CEO
Annual Company Income
School Taxes that should be paid.

Amount of Annual Taxes actually /never paid / Deffered.
Years of Deferment.

I wrote to the Town, County and NY State.
Each Representative said, They did not know and to call ...

Any suggestions from people who have been successful getting
Freedom of Information records would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
V
LOL
Elizabeth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island