Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2007, 09:19 PM

278 posts, read 802,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Ok, anyone remember Paris/New York? Spize? Spit?
... Chaz, where Jani is now in the WW mall...
Wow! Do I remember Spit? You bet I do! Spent many a night partying there, it was pretty close to where I lived. Is Spit still there? I've been gone for a while.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 09:23 PM

330 posts, read 1,976,467 times
Default The Theatre in Huntington Village!

Oh yeah, now you brought back memories! The small Theatre in the Village of Huntington, is that gone? I would think so. That was on a corner right? I remember going to see " Time Bandits " there!

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
In the local paper they have columns about the stores & landmarks they have lost, it makes me sad when I read it.
See, they complain about the strip malls & stuff, maybe they think we bring them these things, like Walmart (like Long Islanders embrace Walmart!!!!) but they end up shopping there too, then their favorite mom & pop dissappears.

Hey, NYers can't blame illegals for tranforming the mall.
Can they?

Back on topic...

anybody remember when Huntington village had a theater with only 2 screens? Roller skaing on Friday nights?

Old 02-19-2007, 09:44 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymom View Post
I'm not Jewish but I love matzoh. I have also eaten bagals with lox or with a "smear". Can't ask for those anywhere else!

A few more places...
Commack Motor Inn
Mad Hatter (where all those LI bands played)
OBI

And if you didn't end up at the diner (for breakfast at 2 AM), then it was Duncan Donuts.
Don't forget...

Nylons
The Park Bench
Rosebuds
112 Motor Inn (Makes the Commack look swanky, lol)
If you're from KP/Smithtown "The Bluff"
Malibu (Still open?)
Chauncey's (also, still open?)

...as for diners, Blue Dawn was awesome. Always open, always good, never threw us out for being too drunk

-TT

Old 02-20-2007, 12:57 AM

Default Sundance

Anbody remember the place where bands played called " Sundance" ? I forget where it was located though. I know Long Island for sure. From what i remember is that mostly Rock bands played there.

Remember the Long Island band --- Zebra? They actually still tour and recently put out a new CD.

Later

Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 AM

480 posts, read 2,828,919 times
My friends used to go to Sundance (Bayshore) many times; I never went. I still have a Zebra cassette.

The Park Bench (Stony Brook) was always packed. I was there twice.

Anyone remember a small place called "Tadpoles" in the Oakdale area?

or...

Vanderbilt's Wharf. It's still there.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 AM

Default The Zebra cassette

Cool, dont toss that Zebra cassette , these days it may have some value on ebay.

Isnt Blue Oyster Cult from Long Island also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check123 View Post
Heard of Sundance (Bayshore) many times, but never got to go. I still have a Zebra cassette.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:08 AM

40 posts, read 207,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvertaxedOnLI View Post

Isn't there a very well-reviewed restaurant in the south area of Patchogue? I seem to recall reading about it. Named after a French king... Louis X??...??
Just drove past it today...LOUIS XVI...and it too, appears to need a face-lift.

Not sure if it is presently well-reviewed, but it sits right on the bay, near the L Dock, and was for the longest time Mickey Felices, and at that time it was an excellent restaurant. It was the place to meet, eat, and socialize for the locals.

In the seventies, before the salmonella worries, there was also a nice little adjoining clam bar where we would eat raw clams on the half shell.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 AM

991 posts, read 4,617,562 times
Patchogue is going through revitalization, Lowes is going to be where the old caldor sits and there is talk of Walmart on either route 112 or Sunrise highway in Patchogue, there are a lot of nice restaurants in the area of the theatre, in the village, there is alos talk of Starbucks coming soon. There is a target in Medford too. There is a new super stop and shop in Medford and a new Ruby Tuesday and an Applebees is coming also. They are knocking down a lot of the old building and replacing them with condos so they are really trying to revitalize the area.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:03 PM

262 posts, read 1,232,311 times
Does anyone remember a bar called Sparks? I saw a lot of good bands there.
Also...who remembers Bob Buchman from WBAB?

Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM

5 posts, read 37,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Don't forget...

Nylons
The Park Bench
Rosebuds
112 Motor Inn (Makes the Commack look swanky, lol)
If you're from KP/Smithtown "The Bluff"
Malibu (Still open?)
Chauncey's (also, still open?)

...as for diners, Blue Dawn was awesome. Always open, always good, never threw us out for being too drunk

-TT
omg the bluff.. i used to live on pulaski road. wow... memories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island