Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2018, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 2,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
Can't we ask the Nassau county to hire a controller for the county who will work at the JFK tower and that is under the county supervision?
If Port Authority accepts this, then it could be a non litigious way to deal with this.

agreed, if they manage/prioritize the runway repairs correctly, there will also be less need for arrivals to be using 22L from northerly direction. If prioritized correctly they can use 22L from southerly arrivals direction., when 33L/R is in repair. But i have a feeling at this point FAA just doesn't care about long island residents. They would rely on nextgen to get planes into JFK faster, without caring about flying over heavily residential areas or not. There is actually many options FAA can choose to use to mitigate 22L northerly arrivals, but they are not even budging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 11:26 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,775,560 times
Quote:
Can't we ask the Nassau county to hire a controller for the county who will work at the JFK tower and that is under the county supervision?
If Port Authority accepts this, then it could be a non litigious way to deal with this.
With every post you make your credibility shrinks a bit more. It's essentially gone. Controllers don't work for the Port Authority which has no authority in operating the air traffic control system.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:56 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,275,308 times
Africa: "There's no clean water to drink"
Middle East: "My home was destroyed in a bombing"
North Korea: "We can't move a muscle without the government watching"
Long Island: "I don't wanna hear airplanes"

Old 02-21-2018, 05:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
you know what, you 100% right. but why you posting those comments in this forum ? doesn't help the cause and not even the right place to post that.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:20 AM

18,372 posts, read 31,484,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post

actually, no, i dont want to hear planes,

and neither do a lot of other people who bought homes in nice quiet neighborhoods, and pay a lot of property taxes as well.

Again, like it has been stated 1000000 times in this thread already, the flight paths were changed without the public's awareness, that's the problem, and if your smart enough, you'll understand that.

we didnt move near an airport and wait 10 years to say we dont want to hear planes

we woke up, to the FAA rerouting planes over our homes that we NEVER had before, so yeah, we are upset, pissed, angry, mad, etc, and NO we dont want to hear airplanes fly over our homes every 30 seconds for 18 hours a day.

whats so hard about that?

I live down the block from an elevated train, it was there long before me, I knew this, to me, that was a non issue, and it still is a nonissue. However, i did not have airplanes in my neighborhood for 30 years, but June 2012 thanks to Nextgen, i do now.

and i dont want too................

and unfortunetely, in the NYC, Queens, brooklyn and Long Island, there is very few areas that are not affected by this tradgedy.

JFK is built on the water for a reason, it isnt hard to figure that out. Same with LGA, which, was really built as a small airport handling planes with 50 passengers or less, it wasnt meant to be the big hub it has turned into, thus having planes land every 30 seconds like clock work from 6am till past midnight.

like clock work.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:29 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,275,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
actually, no, i dont want to hear planes,

[following gibberish deleted, unread]
Then don't live within a few miles of the busiest tourist destination in the country.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:39 PM

983 posts, read 718,142 times

Old 02-22-2018, 05:11 PM

33,601 posts, read 46,904,702 times
Does somebody have a YouTube video up of the planes passing over their house so that I can hear how bad it is?

I live in Far Rock and I barely see any airplanes flying over my house. That's how much this thing is a non-issue to me, I won't lie. But I can see JFK from the roof of my building with planes on the runway in clear view. It's all one's perspective though, which is why I would like to see if any YouTube videos are up. If you can point the way, please do. Thanks from the NYC MoD.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-23-2018, 01:24 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,775,560 times
Quote:
You asked this same exact question four days ago - do you plan on asking it twice a week for the rest of your life even though it exposes you as someone totally ignorant as to the workings of air traffic control?

Again, controllers work for neither the county nor the Port Authority. The FAA is certainly not going to allow some non-qualified politically appointed person to orchestrate the complex movement of aircraft. Safety would be compromised immediately. Planes would be banging into each other and raining in fire from the heavens. That would, no doubt, be more interruptive to your peace and quiet than anything you claim to be experiencing today.

Old 02-23-2018, 04:58 PM

983 posts, read 718,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You asked this same exact question four days ago - do you plan on asking it twice a week for the rest of your life even though it exposes you as someone totally ignorant as to the workings of air traffic control?

Again, controllers work for neither the county nor the Port Authority. The FAA is certainly not going to allow some non-qualified politically appointed person to orchestrate the complex movement of aircraft. Safety would be compromised immediately. Planes would be banging into each other and raining in fire from the heavens. That would, no doubt, be more interruptive to your peace and quiet than anything you claim to be experiencing today.
The post wasn't directed to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island