Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2018, 04:51 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
What you're saying is ridiculous.
It's like saying to people in Alaska or Texas they shouldn't live there if they don't want oil spills.
No, what you're saying is ridiculous. Ludicrous even. Some might even say it's completely idiotic.

Quote:
Nassau county is a pretty big place too. Unfortunately one sole industry is polluting all of it.
Nassau County is 453 Sq. miles (according to Wikipedia). Here's how your "pretty big place" compares to Texas.

Your comparison is beyond ridiculous. s13 hit it right on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 PM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
The airports should supply free headphones and earplugs to any residents in a flight path.
There. Done. Problem solved.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:50 PM

34,081 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The airports should supply free headphones and earplugs to any residents in a flight path.
There. Done. Problem solved.
Why not push for free soundproofing?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-17-2018, 06:50 AM

983 posts, read 724,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
No, what you're saying is ridiculous. Ludicrous even. Some might even say it's completely idiotic.

Nassau County is 453 Sq. miles (according to Wikipedia). Here's how your "pretty big place" compares to Texas.

Your comparison is beyond ridiculous. s13 hit it right on the head.
You probably have some mental problem that won't allow you to discern beyond the obvious.

I wasn't comparing the size of Nassau county with Texas.
I was comparing 2 industries that take over extensive land, endangering the way of life of those on their path.

NextGen is the oil pipeline of the Nassau county.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:45 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,224,599 times
Quote:
You probably have some mental problem that won't allow you to discern beyond the obvious.

I wasn't comparing the size of Nassau county with Texas.
I was comparing 2 industries that take over extensive land, endangering the way of life of those on their path.

NextGen is the oil pipeline of the Nassau county.
See if you can figure out the differences between those living in Alaska and those in Nassau County, genius.

Old 05-19-2018, 12:35 AM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why not push for free soundproofing?
Or louder tv's.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:16 AM

34,081 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Or louder tv's.
HaHa

Free Beats headphones and tablets for the children to distract from the noise

Bwahahahahahahahaha

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-24-2018, 09:06 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
why do posters that are not affected by this constant airplane noise always feel the need to mock those of us that do feel this is a problem? not nice.

the whole idea of this thread was that the FAA "changed" the flight paths to where they "never" were before.
so the theory so many have, "do not live near an airport" doesnt hold. we dont.

we live in the same place,

the airports were in the same place

and we were all happy campers for decades.

then in June 2012, like I have stated (only a billion times before), since those posters mocking us, for some odd reason, just cant seem to get it thru thier thick skulls, the FAA "changed" the flight paths, and NOW they are over our homes.

thats what we are complaing about. why cant they understand the word change, it really isnt that difficult.

Always on threads regarding noise, be it helicopters, or airplanes, we have the people it is affecting, then you get the "handful of posters", that we know do have something to do with the airline industry trying to justify why its important that they feel the need to argue the point and say there is no noise, its a city, move further away. etc....

actually Long Island is big, and far away, and there should be no reason why someone living in Babylon should be hearing planes landing at JFK, when JFK is situated on a body of water as far as the eye can see, and thus can land from the water. Dont give me this BS, land into the wind, because the wind can change in an hour, yet the planes still fly the same path.

and Brooklyn where I live is clear across the land from LGA, I shoulnt have to hear planes landing from my neighborhood, when I never did before.

so lets see the same posters mocking us for this thread.
its the same ones.....over and over.
the same ones

and the best of all, "TransplantedFloridian", just loves to bash us on this thread, wonder what kind of satisfaction it gets for doing this.???,

or is it just part of its job, regarding any type of airplane complaint???

you dont fool any of us

Old 05-24-2018, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack View Post
Stop obsessing on airplane noise and maybe try dating?
"After hearing bizarre sounds, Americans in China and Cuba experienced similar symptoms resembling types of brain injury"

Current news.

Go tell those in those American embassies to stop obsessing on noise.

Noise CAN be damaging.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ner/index.html

Old 06-01-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
HaHa

Free Beats headphones and tablets for the children to distract from the noise

Bwahahahahahahahaha
If we get a reduction in taxes and 2 to 3 bottles of wine a week (proven home remedy in my case), I'd call it even.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island