U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-10-2008, 01:04 AM

161 posts, read 425,614 times

Advertisements

went to look at a place in East Meadow on Prospect Ave & Lancaster St . there seem to be a water station across the street. Huge blue tower. any pros or cons on this?
does anyone know if Prospect Ave is a busy street? i can take alittle traffic but worried about TOO much of it once it get warm out. Dont want to hear loud motorcycles zipping through the front.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 AM

44 posts, read 68,784 times
No idea about the water tower being good or bad but i know Prospect is a busy street especially during rush hour. I know that area you're talking about and even some of the side streets can be busy like 3rd and 5th street. Its not like hempstead tpk or anything but its definitely not quiet by any means. There will be cars passing by day and night.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:30 AM

116 posts, read 305,072 times
Yea Prospect could be pretty busy. I, too, am unsure if any pro's or con's of living near one... I can ask around and get other people's opinions. Also, I dont know if it matters but its also considered Hempstead Water District not East Meadow.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM

2,438 posts, read 5,648,953 times
For some reason, that water tower & the one in Greenlawn seem to be more noticible. I have no idea why.

Prospect is fairly busy road............good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island