Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnPW View Post
Yes.. Professional Engineer... Agree they are bound to higher standard and I don't think they can disclaim much of the responsibility in my case. Especially when his report does not have a strong disclaimer.
So what's going on? Did you contact a lawyer? If this is a Professional Engineer he should have Errors & Omissions Insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 09:05 AM

19 posts, read 31,913 times
We had the inspector contacted, we wrote a letter to alert him that we have these problems and other PE have determined that he SHOULD have addressed an d if he had reported that the foundations were not solid we would have not bought the house. He called me and did not take a position...acknowledges that he did not mention things that he should have but nothing is done yet. I will wait until next week and then we will have our attorney contacting him. Thank you for asking..I believe we will have something done..

Old 02-08-2009, 05:01 PM

62 posts, read 255,233 times
johnPW - Sorry to read about this fiasco. However, there is no reason to go after TomMoser. He's only trying to help everyone on this forum. It is not fair to lump in with the people you are having problems with.

If you are a religious person, please keep Matthew 7:1-2 in mind. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

I do wish you the best of luck with this though!

Quote:
we could go back and forth forever on this issue. You are a real estate agent and I can expect you will protect your so called "profession"..but .. really.. what do you do?
I lived in Georgia for a while and I bought and sold a house ..(very smooth and lucrative transaction)
The real estate agents, brokers, down there take care of all the legal aspects of the transaction, they make sure that all the necessary documents are in place and no need to have a closing lawyer because they did all the work. In New York, a real estate broker is contacted by a buyer, he drives the buyer to several houses (we could go by ourselves at open houses), and they are present to the closing without saying a word, other than making sure that your "commission check" is cut! In addition, the individuals that you suggest to use for inspection and/or electrical or others, are not always well thought..
I agree on one thing though.. I should have never trusted a friendly Real Estate Broker suggesting me that "Inspector"..

Old 02-11-2009, 01:25 PM

19 posts, read 31,913 times
I am not going after TomMoser, and I certainly did not judge him.. I just let him know that his job is done so much more efficiently and helpfully in other states... He got defensive and asked me what kind of job I do...when I told him he ignorantly criticized and got out of line on that.. I am catholic, yes, but
I don't offer my other cheek..

Old 02-11-2009, 01:42 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,873 times
Here is what I took exception to (items in bold):
Quote:
we could go back and forth forever on this issue. You are a real estate agent and I can expect you will protect your so called "profession"..but .. really.. what do you do?
I lived in Georgia for a while and I bought and sold a house ..(very smooth and lucrative transaction)
The real estate agents, brokers, down there take care of all the legal aspects of the transaction, they make sure that all the necessary documents are in place and no need to have a closing lawyer because they did all the work. In New York, a real estate broker is contacted by a buyer, he drives the buyer to several houses (we could go by ourselves at open houses), and they are present to the closing without saying a word, other than making sure that your "commission check" is cut! In addition, the individuals that you suggest to use for inspection and/or electrical or others, are not always well thought..
I agree on one thing though.. I should have never trusted a friendly Real Estate Broker suggesting me that "Inspector"..

Old 02-11-2009, 01:43 PM

And this:
Quote:
Hey..real estate agent or broker..
Very nasty tone.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:46 PM

And this:

Quote:
Why do you guys exist....What do you really do for us ..

Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM

And this:

Quote:
may be I should be a real estate agent too... light work near home and easy gains..(when the market is hot).

Old 04-26-2009, 07:09 AM

7 posts, read 24,462 times
Default "not adequately supported"

If you are not in charge of a talented and experienced construction crew, run away. Then find a high profile real estate litigation attorney and sue the crap out of everyone. "not adequately supported" is the second or third scariest phrase I have ever seen in an engineer's report (and I tend to read every word).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island