Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 09:15 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,169,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
The fact that they can say "deal with it there's nothing you can do about it" .

I found that offensive , also.

The arrogance is unbelievable.

Its hard to tell who the good guys are anymore.

crooks

Old 01-01-2009, 09:19 AM

143 posts, read 299,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
The arrogance is unbelievable.

Its hard to tell who the good guys are anymore.

crooks
It's a natural defense to something that is indefensible... especially when they can no longer attack the teachers.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:26 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,169,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyc4582 View Post
It's a natural defense to something that is indefensible... especially when they can no longer attack the teachers.

Its pretty clear the public see throgh the PBAs "blame the teachers" ruse at this point.

The net net is that PO compensation is WAY out of hand and must be curtailed immediately.

crooks

Old 01-01-2009, 10:00 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,404 times
the suffolk county police deserve every dime they get. do you realize how much work they do, that nassau county and the nypd dont do? the sheriff's taking over is a complete joke. they are in no way qualified to do a SCPO's job.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:17 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,235,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
the suffolk county police deserve every dime they get. do you realize how much work they do, that nassau county and the nypd dont do? the sheriff's taking over is a complete joke. they are in no way qualified to do a SCPO's job.
There was an article in Newsday a few weeks ago about the special training the SCPD had for highway patrols.
Oddly enough, it seems the Sheriff's department is pulling over many more cars on the LIE than the SCPD ever did. Has anyone else noticed this ??

Old 01-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
There was an article in Newsday a few weeks ago about the special training the SCPD had for highway patrols.
Oddly enough, it seems the Sheriff's department is pulling over many more cars on the LIE than the SCPD ever did. Has anyone else noticed this ??
The Sheriff's dept is doing a phenomenal job a nearly 1/2 the cost of a suffolk county police officer on a per officer basis before overtime. For anyone to say a deputy cannot do just as good of a job as a suffolk county cop is arrogant and offensive. The deputies are showing that a compensation package from 1950 is not necessary to attract and retain the best to police our neighborhoods. Keep up the GREAT work deputies.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
I have noticed this. whats really sad is the sheriffs arent qualified or trained for medical emergencies that usually result on the highway and it takes up to 20 minutes for any qualified person to get on scene. now, if the SCPD were to patrol the highways, there would be no wait since the SCPD are prepared.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
The Sheriff's dept is doing a phenomenal job a nearly 1/2 the cost of a suffolk county police officer on a per officer basis before overtime. For anyone to say a deputy cannot do just as good of a job as a suffolk county cop is arrogant and offensive. The deputies are showing that a compensation package from 1950 is not necessary to attract and retain the best to police our neighborhoods. Keep up the GREAT work deputies.
They cant do a SCPD's job. read my previous statment and you'll understand why.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
They cant do a SCPD's job. read my previous statment and you'll understand why.
From what I understand the deputies are in the process for being emt trained and certified. I agree this certification is very important... but I'm certain we can get is much less cheaply than what the SCPD currently gives us.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
From what I understand the deputies are in the process for being emt trained and certified. I agree this certification is very important... but I'm certain we can get is much less cheaply than what the SCPD currently gives us.
ok, until then how many lives will be lost due to inadequate patrols from the sheriffs department? I am sure all this training they receive will cost the county nothing either, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island