U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-09-2009, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 49,531 times
Default Hicksville Train Station--Parking

I was wondering if there is any close free parking for the Hicksville train station. I don't live in Oyster Bay so I can't get the parking permit. I will be going into the city once a week from January to May so free parking would be preferable.

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 PM

130 posts, read 349,754 times
I just park in the Broadway Mall parking lot...it's about a 7 minute walk. Whatever you do, don't park in the private lot just southeast of the station without paying. The "attendant" is only there for a limited time in the morning and if you park without paying, your car will be towed and it'll cost you $140 to get it back. I learned the hard way...nasty people. And, no, I wasn't trying to avoid paying...I don't go into the city that often and I actually thought it was a free lot.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:37 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,833,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlcm2brdwy View Post
I was wondering if there is any close free parking for the Hicksville train station. I don't live in Oyster Bay so I can't get the parking permit. I will be going into the city once a week from January to May so free parking would be preferable.

Thanks for your help
On the weekends, you don't need a permit.

Look for spaces around the storage building, that's a across from the station, as you are looking at Broadway Mall.

And then, there is always Broadway Mall to park in !

OR go here ....

http://www.mta.info/lirr/images/stat...hicksville.pdf

Old 08-17-2010, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 38,522 times
Default need to know when the attendy is present in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateb411 View Post
I just park in the Broadway Mall parking lot...it's about a 7 minute walk. Whatever you do, don't park in the private lot just southeast of the station without paying. The "attendant" is only there for a limited time in the morning and if you park without paying, your car will be towed and it'll cost you $140 to get it back. I learned the hard way...nasty people. And, no, I wasn't trying to avoid paying...I don't go into the city that often and I actually thought it was a free lot.

can you tell me estimated time, when the attendy is there in the broadway parking ?

Old 08-17-2010, 11:03 AM

56 posts, read 91,120 times
Free parking in Hicksville doesn't exist, at least not by the train station. If you are not a resident of Oyster Bay, you can pay to park in one of the lots southeast of the station ($9 a day for one and $7 a day for the other which is just a bit further south). Or, you could drive to Mineola and park in the garage for $5 a day, and be Zone 4 instead of Zone 7.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:33 PM

248 posts, read 532,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvres View Post
Free parking in Hicksville doesn't exist, at least not by the train station. If you are not a resident of Oyster Bay, you can pay to park in one of the lots southeast of the station ($9 a day for one and $7 a day for the other which is just a bit further south). Or, you could drive to Mineola and park in the garage for $5 a day, and be Zone 4 instead of Zone 7.
Agreed-you're really not supposed to park in the mall lot..can get towed there, too...

Old 10-02-2013, 05:33 AM

1 posts, read 8,223 times
I had a sticker on my car yesterday from the towing company at Broadway mall. Do they really tow from that lot?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:10 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,652,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba1 View Post
I had a sticker on my car yesterday from the towing company at Broadway mall. Do they really tow from that lot?
The times that I've had to go into the city I've used the closest mall lot and was never towed but this was over 5 years ago. There were a row of cars just like me. I did hear that it wasn't really allowed and I wouldn't risk it anymore. You can try the Ikea area or Sears lot which is across the street and an extra 5 minutes walk. Doubtful anyone really checks cars there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island