Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 AM

510 posts, read 2,206,055 times

Advertisements

Did you look at this house - double dormered - 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - same price
http://www.mlsli.com/unidetailsredo....tart=1&rpp=100

If you cannot see the link - the MLS number is
MLS Number 2023589
It is on Hill top road near the village green

Last edited by budsvtec; 01-13-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 AM

9,933 posts, read 23,150,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsvtec View Post
Did you look at this house - double dormered - 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms - same price
http://www.mlsli.com/unidetailsredo....tart=1&rpp=100

If you cannot see the link - the MLS number is
MLS Number 2023589
It is on Hill top road near the village green
I checked out the house via MLS... and disregarding the "style" (which may not appeal to everyone) this is a short sale. Which means any offer - depending on how it is presented - may or may not be accepted for another 60-90 days. If it's rejected, then it's on to looking for another house. In the meantime, the buyer is in limbo.

I'm not recommending one way or another (can't interfere with another agent's business), just pointing out something that may make a difference in Rachael's decision.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
just 5000 for a bathroom? I was thinking it would be like 10,000. Wouldn't we need to change the roofing a little bit? Since it's like a gradual slant and all.
Have you thought about getting at least one estimate for the bathroom work? Just to give you a guideline and avoid unexpected $$ surprises?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:01 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
I checked out the house via MLS... and disregarding the "style" (which may not appeal to everyone) this is a short sale. Which means any offer - depending on how it is presented - may or may not be accepted for another 60-90 days. If it's rejected, then it's on to looking for another house. In the meantime, the buyer is in limbo.

I'm not recommending one way or another (can't interfere with another agent's business), just pointing out something that may make a difference in Rachael's decision.
What's the difference? Since she said "we are making counteroffers with the bank" I would think that what she's bidding on right now is a short sale too.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:02 AM

510 posts, read 2,206,055 times
If it doesnt bother you that there is only one bathroom then I would jump on it.

What happen to that house in Island trees that you were looking at? Didnt that one have 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms?

Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
What's the difference? Since she said "we are making counteroffers with the bank" I would think that what she's bidding on right now is a short sale too.
You're right!
Difference is, the bank is already considering their offer; with the other house they'd have to start from scratch, and unfortunately, that takes time. It may also be another bank and each bank deals differently with short sales.

I'm definitely not trying to dissuade them (or anyone else), just added a little info which might make a difference to some...

Old 01-13-2009, 02:09 PM

745 posts, read 1,504,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Levittown homes have no basement.

Slab and 1 bath seems the norm.

crooks
Yeah but I still wouldn't go for the 1 bathroom.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI2Texas View Post
we just did that in our house, my husband is in the business and he did some of the work but we hired some to do a reverse gable on the bump out for the roof. Everything including siding and all materials for the bath including tile and fixtures was about 4K. If you hired everything out completely I would think you could come under 10K.
My parent's Levitt house had a shed roof dormer for the 2nd floor bathroom.
(I just Google earthed the house to make sure I was remembering correctly.)

Cost wise, the shed roof is less expensive to frame as opposed to the reverse gable.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
The owners aren't showing the house in Island Trees because of a death in the family. It's been taken off the market, but still on mls. It's a short sale though, so I don't know how they took it off since it isn't their decision. It sounds very fishy.

Our bid was accepted. We had to go a little higher. Ended up going to 275,000

Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,170,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
The owners aren't showing the house in Island Trees because of a death in the family. It's been taken off the market, but still on mls. It's a short sale though, so I don't know how they took it off since it isn't their decision. It sounds very fishy.

Our bid was accepted. We had to go a little higher. Ended up going to 275,000

great buy

enjoy

crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island