U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-13-2009, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Miller Place NY
1,051 posts, read 2,580,863 times
Reputation: 116

Advertisements

ANYONE have the REAL story here ?

Courtesy of newsday.com...

Port Jefferson village trustees vote to reprimand mayor

BY PATRICK WHITTLE | patrick.whittle@newsday.com 9:25 PM EST, January 12, 2009 The Port Jefferson Village Board of Trustees voted Monday to publicly reprimand the mayor for allegedly mismanaging village finances, failing to communicate with the board and - in a charge the mayor says is wildly overstated - using his official e-mail address to utilize a dating Web site.

Brian Harty, who was elected to the board in 2003 and became mayor in 2007, also denied allegations of mismanagement and poor communication.

Harty's protests failed to dissuade the trustees from voting 3-1 to issue a "vote of no confidence" during a special meeting Monday. A no-confidence vote is a "public showing" of disapproval, but carries no official penalty, said Village Administrator Bob Juliano.

"We have a tremendous amount of issues with his behavior and his procedural conflicts and misleading information," said trustee Carmine Dell Aquila.


Port Jefferson village trustees vote to reprimand mayor -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-liport1312353030jan13,0,3120304.story - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-13-2009, 02:14 PM
 
7,658 posts, read 16,201,585 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
ANYONE have the REAL story here ?

Courtesy of newsday.com...

Port Jefferson village trustees vote to reprimand mayor

BY PATRICK WHITTLE | patrick.whittle@newsday.com 9:25 PM EST, January 12, 2009 The Port Jefferson Village Board of Trustees voted Monday to publicly reprimand the mayor for allegedly mismanaging village finances, failing to communicate with the board and - in a charge the mayor says is wildly overstated - using his official e-mail address to utilize a dating Web site.

Brian Harty, who was elected to the board in 2003 and became mayor in 2007, also denied allegations of mismanagement and poor communication.

Harty's protests failed to dissuade the trustees from voting 3-1 to issue a "vote of no confidence" during a special meeting Monday. A no-confidence vote is a "public showing" of disapproval, but carries no official penalty, said Village Administrator Bob Juliano.

"We have a tremendous amount of issues with his behavior and his procedural conflicts and misleading information," said trustee Carmine Dell Aquila.


Port Jefferson village trustees vote to reprimand mayor -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-liport1312353030jan13,0,3120304.story - broken link)
Port Jeff is a shadow of its former self.

Fire him for gross incompetence.

Case in point: paid parking during a recession.
What a dumbass.

Homeless vagrants afoot.Drunks, bikers and graffitti in the downtown. Cancer clusters.
Don't even get me started about the PJ Village barrio uptown.

Patchogue blows Port Jeff away these days.
Hats off to Paul Pontieri.

I weep for PJ, I used to love that town.
Many great memories there.



Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
 
Location: Miller Place NY
1,051 posts, read 2,580,863 times
Reputation: 116
Thanks to the area Catholic priest...who looks and dresses like Jesus Christ, right down to the sandals...and the INFAMOUS John McNamara...you know, that Hope House Homeless Hotel near "the rail", AND, BA-DA- BING'S, the Port Jeff Rail area IS A DUMP !

What I don't understand, the lower YUPPI-FIED Port Jeff area acts like the Dumpy Part, doesn't exist !

It's like The Dumpy Area is some kind of Homeless Entitlement Rest Area and Free Fire Zone !

Any...charm, is generally "cancelled" and very unsettling...you might as well be in "downtown" Coram or Wyandanch ! One word restaurant names, does NOT a charming Long Island town, make !

It's GOT to affect property values !

The rail station, itself, is remodeled, and in the middle of HELL ! And what a mess ! NOTHING like getting solicited for $, from a "bum" who has more expensive sneakers and jeans, that you do ! I'm guess it, the Hope House Homeless Hotel is a training school for "upscale"...ahem...mentally challenged, homeless !

And these Moron's are concerned about a Mayor who uses his computer to find a date ! At least, he isn't sexually harassing people...I think !

Go figure !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 05:59 AM
 
7,658 posts, read 16,201,585 times
Reputation: 1290
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
Thanks to the area Catholic priest...who looks and dresses like Jesus Christ, right down to the sandals...and the INFAMOUS John McNamara...you know, that Hope House Homeless Hotel near "the rail", AND, BA-DA- BING'S, the Port Jeff Rail area IS A DUMP !

What I don't understand, the lower YUPPI-FIED Port Jeff area acts like the Dumpy Part, doesn't exist !

It's like The Dumpy Area is some kind of Homeless Entitlement Rest Area and Free Fire Zone !

Any...charm, is generally "cancelled" and very unsettling...you might as well be in "downtown" Coram or Wyandanch ! One word restaurant names, does NOT a charming Long Island town, make !

It's GOT to affect property values !

The rail station, itself, is remodeled, and in the middle of HELL ! And what a mess ! NOTHING like getting solicited for $, from a "bum" who has more expensive sneakers and jeans, that you do ! I'm guess it, the Hope House Homeless Hotel is a training school for "upscale"...ahem...mentally challenged, homeless !

And these Moron's are concerned about a Mayor who uses his computer to find a date ! At least, he isn't sexually harassing people...I think !

Go figure !
Im not sure if its Father Franks fault for the homeless down there or is he just responding to a fairly standard "end of the line" LIRR issue where city judges send their trash out on a one way ticket to Palookaville.

Either way Port Jeff is crumbling and it saddens me.


crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Miller Place NY
1,051 posts, read 2,580,863 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Im not sure if its Father Franks fault for the homeless down there or is he just responding to a fairly standard "end of the line" LIRR issue where city judges send their trash out on a one way ticket to Palookaville.

Either way Port Jeff is crumbling and it saddens me.


crooks

The word on the Street, has been, he got a loan and additional money, with the assistance of John McNamara, with a foreign bank to fund this Dump.

During, and or shortly thereafter, McNamara's legal troubles, he was "transferred" to a surrounding parish, OUT of Port Jeffferson.

To me, he is one of these guys, where, the END justifies the MEANS, meaning that using McNamara's "dirty" money and assistance "to get what he wants", is just what he feels he has to do for...."the greater Good".

His work, in the immediate community, is well known, with "troubled" kids...BUT creating this Permanent Dump and Recreation Area, immediately adjacent to the LIRR station, IS a DISSERVICE to the community...AND if you have ever experienced, directly, ANY OF THIS FLOTSOM that gathers there, you would agree, strongly, and NO ONE would give him a "pass" for what he did.

It's a threatening to human life situation, that will result danger to Human Life...IF IT HASNT ALREADY, which I AM SURE it has...they are covering it up and "minimizing" it, IM SURE !

Last edited by longislandmike; 01-14-2009 at 06:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Wellsville, Glurt County
2,845 posts, read 8,911,555 times
Reputation: 1373
Is Port Jeff really that bad? I go there once every few months.....not sure why, though. Bars are overpriced, lame atmosphere, yuppies disgust me....

longislandmike - I don't mean to be rude, but you type like you have just recently suffered a major stroke. I can't understand a thing you're trying to say, YOU, need To, tone.... Down The, random USAGE.... of, punctuation, and...CAPITAL, LETTERS! The synapses in my brain are now misfiring trying to reorganize the word jumble you posted above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
 
724 posts, read 1,456,919 times
Reputation: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Patchogue blows Port Jeff away these days.
Hats off to Paul Pontieri.
This guy was a big part in turning around Bellport High School (and it's too bad it seems to have turned right back around after he left ), and he's trying to do the same for Patchogue. It seems to be working a bit, but there's still a lot more work to be done inside and outside the village.

I have major respect for Mr. Pontieri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Miller Place NY
1,051 posts, read 2,580,863 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
This guy was a big part in turning around Bellport High School (and it's too bad it seems to have turned right back around after he left ), and he's trying to do the same for Patchogue. It seems to be working a bit, but there's still a lot more work to be done inside and outside the village.

I have major respect for Mr. Pontieri.
Mr. Pontieri ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't like what he did to Port Jefferson.

His looking like Jesus, indicates to me, he is an EGOMANIAC, who is full of himself !

I may be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Wellsville, Glurt County
2,845 posts, read 8,911,555 times
Reputation: 1373
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
Mr. Pontieri ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't like what he did to Port Jefferson.

His looking like Jesus, indicates to me, he is an EGOMANIAC, who is full of himself !

I may be wrong.
: smack::s mack:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2009, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Miller Place NY
1,051 posts, read 2,580,863 times
Reputation: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Is Port Jeff really that bad? I go there once every few months.....not sure why, though. Bars are overpriced, lame atmosphere, yuppies disgust me....

longislandmike - I don't mean to be rude, but you type like you have just recently suffered a major stroke. I can't understand a thing you're trying to say, YOU, need To, tone.... Down The, random USAGE.... of, punctuation, and...CAPITAL, LETTERS! The synapses in my brain are now misfiring trying to reorganize the word jumble you posted above.

The area that I am speaking of IS that bad, if you frequent the Rail, and have to get through the flotsom, that is DRAWN, in and around the immediate area.

My wife and myself were accosted there, once while waiting to take the train one evening, by an inmate of the BUM MAGNET, there.

If it's not them, its the low lifes that go to the bar next door.

Summertime and mild weather, especially, attracts them to this particular area...and I suspect, that the Town, and or County law enforcement, is very happy to have them, ALL, concentrated in one place, AND AWAY from the water and Yuppy Stuff, downtown. Heaven help, if their Port Jeff experience be interrupted by the smell of human waste, urine, and bad hygene.

That may be NICE for them, but NOT people who use that area, for the rail.

If That's the Town's way to deal with it, that tells me they are ALL hypocrites, and are just "handing it over" to the flotsom, and surrendering !

Surrendering is NO Way TO DEAL WITH THESE TYPES ! Mopping up the place, literally, is !

It might as well be Coram, Wyandanch or Brentwood. And we all know how those places are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 AM.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top