Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 06:17 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,934,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattylung View Post
I'm looking for information on LIRR parking in Port Washington and Garden City. I am looking at homes in these two towns and my fiance and I would both need to commute to NYC on weekdays. Mainly, the information I'm looking for:

1. Is LIRR parking in these two towns for residents only?
2. If yes, how much is the resident parking fee?
3. At what time in the morning does parking usually fill up? (most important question)

I currently live in Mineola, where I find the resident LIRR parking to be pretty decent. I can usually get in the resident parking garage for the 8:04am train and still find a few spots, and the resident parking pass is $55/year.

Also, any other information about these two towns (which sections are better, where to avoid, etc.) would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance for your help.
If you live along a bus called N23 then that alone will take you to port washington for your train connections are infact guranteed. Mineola it depends on where you are several buses will take you there at rush hour click here http://mta.info/libus/mapnassaubus.pdf (broken link) However mineola has good parking sort of but several buses will meet morning trains they time well too. The privitization isn't as bad as it sounds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,091,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
If you live along a bus called N23 then that alone will take you to port washington for your train connections are infact guranteed. Mineola it depends on where you are several buses will take you there at rush hour click here http://mta.info/libus/mapnassaubus.pdf (broken link) However mineola has good parking sort of but several buses will meet morning trains they time well too. The privitization isn't as bad as it sounds
Chances are that if the OP lives along the N23, she lives within walking distance of the LIRR as well.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:51 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,150,728 times
If you move to Port Washington you can drive to Little Neck and park for Free on Weekends PLUS you only pay the CITY FARE for weekends it's $3.75 each way. That's what we do.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:00 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,934,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
If you move to Port Washington you can drive to Little Neck and park for Free on Weekends PLUS you only pay the CITY FARE for weekends it's $3.75 each way. That's what we do.
or walk to the port washington station you already have.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:25 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,091,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
or walk to the port washington station you already have.
Except that:

1) They already have a car so...

2) The marginal cost of driving to Little Neck is less than the $7 round-trip (per person) they save by being in a cheaper zone.

Yes, almost every trip in this region can be made by transit, but sometimes it's either cheaper or more convenient to use a car for all or part of the trip.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:32 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,408,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Except that:

1) They already have a car so...

2) The marginal cost of driving to Little Neck is less than the $7 round-trip (per person) they save by being in a cheaper zone.

Yes, almost every trip in this region can be made by transit, but sometimes it's either cheaper or more convenient to use a car for all or part of the trip.
maybe folks in little neck dont want you clogging the streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island