Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 10:13 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,692,574 times

Advertisements

Be thankful you don't have a walmart where you are. Ever since they put one here in the Sunrise Mall I feel like I am entering a prison instead of a shopping mall. I don't want to give a dime to that store. I will pay the extra $2 somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:31 AM

4,502 posts, read 13,432,675 times
And I guess it's Wal Mart's fault that people are criminals? I'm guessing these people were innocent, upstanding members of society until "Wal Mart Moved In" and turned them into predators?

Please, you can't blame Wal Mart for anything..... Wal Mart does what every other retailer in the USA does, only on a larger scale and in a much more efficient manner. I shop there and am glad to save the amount of money I do.

And how is Wal Mart "evil"??? Oh, do they put the "mom and pop stores out of business" (the tired, old battle cry) Show me a "mom and pop" where I can buy food, health & beauty aids, electronics, etc all in one trip and all at lower prices and I will shop there. Unfortunately the "mom and pop stores" will overcharge for everything and then claim "we're LOSING money".

As for the Sunrise Mall?? That place was a hole long before Wal Mart moved in.

Last edited by omigawd; 02-24-2009 at 05:40 AM..

Old 02-24-2009, 05:46 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,128,003 times
super walmart almost came to riverhead but at the last minute, they said the area was not zoned for it.

they say if super walmart comes to long island, it will put the super markets out of business. I say good riddance.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,128,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Be thankful you don't have a walmart where you are. Ever since they put one here in the Sunrise Mall I feel like I am entering a prison instead of a shopping mall. I don't want to give a dime to that store. I will pay the extra $2 somewhere else.

I shop at the massapequa walmart everyday. they always have my business.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,381,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
One thing is people are so darn distracted at Wal-Mart that criminals know the pickings are good and easy. It takes time to load that mini-van up with all those bargains and the shoppers will do stupid things as they're loading, giving the vermin that hunt around there a chance to take advantage of them.
i hate walmart myself, but do you think this only happens in a walmart parking lot?????????

Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,381,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Wal Mart does what every other retailer in the USA does, only on a larger scale and in a much more efficient manner.
And how is Wal Mart "evil"??? Oh, do they put the "mom and pop stores out of business" (the tired, old battle cry) Show me a "mom and pop" where I can buy food, health & beauty aids, electronics, etc all in one trip and all at lower prices and I will shop there. Unfortunately the "mom and pop stores" will overcharge for everything and then claim "we're LOSING money".

Wal mart has forced factories in the US to shut down. They buy most of thier goods from china. There is a special on tv that showed how they squeezed us companies out of buisiness. Wal Mart dosnt care about its employees either. This country needs to get back to manufacturing again. the problem is, it does cost a little more to manufacture here.take a look at this link
Wal-Mart You Don't Know | Fast Company

Thats just one example

Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,085,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
all the walmarts around sell groceries, and target too. the selection is not that big though, not like a true supermarket
Apparently you haven't been to too many of them.I just moved to the Rochester area from Coram and the food selection is bigger then Pathmark, Waldbaums,King Kullen,or Stop and Shop.In Suffolk and Nassau there is some zoning law which disallows Superwalmart and SuperTarget.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:00 AM

432 posts, read 1,589,677 times
Ohhhh come on, how can you not love Walmart Bingo????

Bits & Pieces » Wal-Mart Bingo (http://bitsandpieces.us/2008/10/29/wal-mart-bingo/ - broken link)

Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,106,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
I shop at the massapequa walmart everyday. they always have my business.

WalMart likes 'em big n dumb.

http://www.walmartmovie.com/

Hey evil WalMart execs... maybe Massapequa would host, looks like you have a fan base.

crooks

Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 AM

122 posts, read 389,475 times
Default Walmart in Patchogue?

There are pro-Walmart signs posted at N. Ocean Avenue and the Sunrise Access road in Patchogue. Is Walmart planning to open a store in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island