Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:02 PM

2 posts, read 9,943 times

Advertisements

What can anyone tell me about the North Shore High School. I am considering working at the High School but have little inside information about the district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 08:40 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,639,012 times
I don't think it's too good.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:08 PM

491 posts, read 822,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo View Post
What can anyone tell me about the North Shore High School. I am considering working at the High School but have little inside information about the district.
Like the local Town of North Hempstead Goverment loaded to the gills with curruption. Several have been jailed for stealing millions. The investigation goes from Roslyn to Manhasset in made headlines across the country.

Read http://www.northcountrygazette.org/a...RoslynSix.html

Old 04-06-2007, 12:49 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,930,023 times
The North Shore School district is located in the TOWN OF OYSTER BAY!!! Not North Hempstead.

As far as North Shore High School, which is located in Glen Head, NY
it is rated as one of the top public high schools in the country.

The school district is very unique in that it is one of the very few in which the local constituency votes on the school district's budget. The district is very supportive of the school system. Graduation rates are high, testing scores are high, etc. Class sizes are small.

The biggest downside to the district I can think of would be high housing costs.

Let me put it to you this way, even when I was a student in the district over 30 years ago, teachers and para-professionals ranked the district as "the place to work".. and it still remains that way today.

If the pay is right, I'd jump on it. Good Luck!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
The North Shore School district is located in the TOWN OF OYSTER BAY!!! Not North Hempstead.

As far as North Shore High School, which is located in Glen Head, NY
it is rated as one of the top public high schools in the country.

The school district is very unique in that it is one of the very few in which the local constituency votes on the school district's budget. The district is very supportive of the school system. Graduation rates are high, testing scores are high, etc. Class sizes are small.

The biggest downside to the district I can think of would be high housing costs.

Let me put it to you this way, even when I was a student in the district over 30 years ago, teachers and para-professionals ranked the district as "the place to work".. and it still remains that way today.

If the pay is right, I'd jump on it. Good Luck!
Don't all areas vote on the school budget?

Are you sure it's as good as it once was? I heard that if you're in Sea Cliff/Glen Head - the lower grade are good, but you should stay away from the High School. Of course, this is all hearsay, so I could 100% wrong.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 AM

I looked it up...seems like I stand corrected. NS High looks pretty good.

Seems like Glen Cove High is the bad one. Are they both NS SD?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 52,179 times
NOOOO!

North SHore School District is Sea Cliff, Glen Head, Glenwood Landing, and parts of Brookville.

Glen Cove is the city of Glen Cove.

Two COMPLETELY different districts!

Old 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langer View Post
NOOOO!

North SHore School District is Sea Cliff, Glen Head, Glenwood Landing, and parts of Brookville.

Glen Cove is the city of Glen Cove.

Two COMPLETELY different districts!
Indeed. I realized this after I posted. The Glen Head, etc. SD seems to be quite good.

Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 3,633 times
Theo,
If you are still out there, I hope you did not listen to the person who said "I don't think they're too good." My youngest son is about to graduate from North Shore High School. It is absolutely fantastic. All three of my kids got into top schools, had amazing teachers, and I hope you accepted the job if it was offered!

Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM
cml

180 posts, read 288,516 times
people you tell the negatives of living in Sea Cliff I want to know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island