U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:09 PM

1,785 posts, read 1,331,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
Cablevision may not be the best, but between them and Verizon, I would pick Cablevision every single time.
I would rather pay for Verizon than get Cablevision for free. Isn't it nice that we have two options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 07:25 AM

1,056 posts, read 639,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I would rather pay for Verizon than get Cablevision for free. Isn't it nice that we have two options?
verizon has ripped us off for too long. screw them!

Old 03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Status: "Hurry up and get here Thanksgiving!" (set 11 days ago)

144 posts, read 340,495 times
Wink Consumerist

I cruise consumerist.com and they usually have the info on how to launch an EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb ) on whatever company that is trying to put one over on you. They have a list of companies and the many email addresses (some phone numbers as well) of said comp and readers more often than not get results quickly.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 AM

4,810 posts, read 4,215,277 times
while cablevision doesn't have as many billing problems, Verizon is always quick to resolve them by giving credit back without much hassle beyond a simple phone call. Not to mention, cablevision's tv service is inferior comparing what my parents have against what I have at the same time.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 AM

94 posts, read 143,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwaters View Post
Want to get it fixed today? Call the head of Verizon directly -

Ivan G. Seidenberg
140 West St
New York, NY 10007
(212)-395-1000

He doesn't work out of that office, he is in Basking Ridge NJ. As are most of he Executives of Verizon.

i would call and complain and state you will switch to cablevision unless you get the credit back and 6 months of HBO free.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:35 AM

843 posts, read 1,177,765 times
Default Oh yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
while cablevision doesn't have as many billing problems, Verizon is always quick to resolve them by giving credit back without much hassle beyond a simple phone call. Not to mention, cablevision's tv service is inferior comparing what my parents have against what I have at the same time.
Not only did they NOT cancel the HBO they slammed me with, I didn't pay for the month of it, and they have two months worth stacked on my recent bill.

Doesn't seem like they are "without much hassle."

Old 03-23-2009, 10:17 AM

73 posts, read 188,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
Not only did they NOT cancel the HBO they slammed me with, I didn't pay for the month of it, and they have two months worth stacked on my recent bill.

Doesn't seem like they are "without much hassle."
To each their own I guess. I got Verizon triple play when I moved into my new house after having Cablevision for year in the old place. I've never had any problems with verizon that I didn't have with Cablevision. My one billing issue with verizon was resolved with a call to their helpline (I didn't have to call every executive there to do it) and their TV and internet is so much better (not to mention more HD and they have the NFL Network!)
The key is we have a choice now so if you like Cablevision better, user them, if you like Verizon, use them. Depending on what level of service you want, it might just come down to price. Everyone has different needs so do what's right for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island