U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM

135 posts, read 445,739 times

Advertisements

I was stopped by a woman working for an agency. Not sure the name I think it was Fresh Faces. Has anyone else been stopped? Supposedly she was interested in my daughter (1 year old). They say they search for models of all ages for commercials/advertisements, magazines, etc. Are they a scam?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 PM

745 posts, read 1,234,242 times
Scam. They stop everybody. A friend of mine called them, and they wanted money for representing her and for portfolio photos (a true sign of a scam)

Old 02-27-2009, 03:34 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,563,184 times
I was stopped...and I gave it the BEST THAT I HAD !

John Travolta-Saturday Night Fever

Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 AM

494 posts, read 1,078,434 times
they stopped me for my two young daughters. in fact, i had been looking at the lady as we were walking and i am about 110 per cent sure she did not even look at them before she stopped me. so my guess is they stop everyone. i just said no thanks and walked away

Old 02-27-2009, 04:54 AM

4,502 posts, read 11,547,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepawsinn View Post
I was stopped by a woman working for an agency. Not sure the name I think it was Fresh Faces. Has anyone else been stopped? Supposedly she was interested in my daughter (1 year old). They say they search for models of all ages for commercials/advertisements, magazines, etc. Are they a scam?

This is a COMPLETE scam!! NO legit modeling or talent agency "scouts" people in a shopping mall. I've seen their kiosks and it kills me the way they approach naive people.

All they do is get you to sign up with their photographer to take overpriced pictures or for "classes" that aren't worth anything.

I know people who are legitimately in show business (modeling, commercial, etc) and I can assure you, places like this are a scam.

STEER CLEAR OF THEM!!!!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:15 PM

2,494 posts, read 5,929,010 times
This is a scam, you will be called for a session in Hicksville and be asked to pay some money to get some photos taken.... remember what happened to Robert from "Everybody Loves Raymond" ?

In short... avoid it, use your time to do something valuable !!

Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 PM

9,749 posts, read 12,786,164 times
It is possible that a legitimate agent would approach someone in a mall, but once they ask for you to pay THEM for something, they are a scam.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,504,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepawsinn View Post
They have stopped me with my children over the years. A few years back there was an article in Newsday about them and a lawsuit involving their business practices. The charge up front for portfolio pictures and do not do anything else to promote the person.

If you are interested in having your child model, they are not the way to go.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:56 PM

73 posts, read 81,313 times
It's a scam. Chances are, most of your kids aren't even cute.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:02 PM

16,416 posts, read 27,618,114 times
How to get your kids into modelling without being ripped off:

Either go to NYC on open casting day at each of the major agencies (Ford, Elite, William Schuler, etc.) and bring the kids there OR send said major agencies photos of your kids (no need for them to be professional photos, snapshots are fine). If one of the major agencies sees potential in your kids, they will want to take them on as clients. Once you are with a major agency, the agency will arrange for test shots for the child's portfolio at no cost.

Most of these small agencies, while some do actually get modelling jobs for kids, make the bulk of their money charging parents for portfolio photos, classes, videotapes of the children "acting" (demo reels), placement on the agency webpage, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or