Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,453,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
It would be MORE of a tragedy.

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ? Or would you "play" Solitaire Race Cards ?
That doesn't make even sense. The race of the criminal shouldn't matter. My comments were based of John's selective history in posting and especially starting threads on various crimes depending on the race of the criminal. Knowing that I was simply wondering if he would have made the same post if the criminal was white. As far as other boards commenting on it, I wasn't complaining about it not being covered. I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be covered or talked about. Some thug killed a hard working family man, its a tragedy. They caught the guy which is a great thing, and hopefully he never sees the light of day ever again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 12:23 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,976,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
That doesn't make even sense. The race of the criminal shouldn't matter. My comments were based of John's selective history in posting and especially starting threads on various crimes depending on the race of the criminal. Knowing that I was simply wondering if he would have made the same post if the criminal was white. As far as other boards commenting on it, I wasn't complaining about it not being covered. I'm not suggesting it shouldn't be covered or talked about. Some thug killed a hard working family man, its a tragedy. They caught the guy which is a great thing, and hopefully he never sees the light of day ever again

SIR, may I remind you, it was YOU that mentioned the "race card", first.

As we all know, this, like everything else Post-January 20, has NOTHING to do about Race.

If the Suffolk County Police and NEWSDAY, can ignore the "R" word, we should too.

How does this explanation, of the "thing", suit you ?

It was a.....disagreement...that got "out of hand", between two PERSONS of the same Gender, about who had custody of the BP Gas Station money.

One person misplaced the money, and "fell on a knife", accidentally, multiple times, and Lost his Life...the other person, "got" possession of the money.......and lost his life too.

Let's all take a ride on the Good Ship Lollipop, and get great big boxes of candy, and IGNORE IT.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
SIR, may I remind you, it was YOU that mentioned the "race card", first.

As we all know, this, like everything else Post-January 20, has NOTHING to do about Race.

If the Suffolk County Police and NEWSDAY, can ignore the "R" word, we should too.

How does this explanation, of the "thing", suit you ?

It was a.....disagreement...that got "out of hand", between two PERSONS of the same Gender, about who had custody of the BP Gas Station money.

One person misplaced the money, and "fell on a knife", accidentally, multiple times, and Lost his Life...the other person, "got" possession of the money.......and lost his life too.

Let's all take a ride on the Good Ship Lollipop, and get great big boxes of candy, and IGNORE IT.

Please re-read the thread. I was not the one to bring up race..... My initial comments in this thread were in regards to John's comments about Hicksville all of a sudden getting bad, and I was simply pointing out that the crime rate in Hicksville is still extremely low.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Why is always when someone is upset about urban decay and increasing crime someone always comes in and plays the race card?
My post you just quoted was made in response to this post from John. Which was in response to a post from another poster (not me) about John not liking minorities.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
My post you just quoted was made in response to this post from John. Which was in response to a post from another poster (not me) about John not liking minorities.
I got lost on the Exit 39, off ramp !

I would ask you to repeat that, but I'm not that cruel.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I got lost on the Exit 39, off ramp !

I would ask you to repeat that, but I'm not that cruel.
To simplify it a bit, I was the 3rd person to mention anything about race in the thread. Not the 1st (as you accused me of) , not the 2nd, but the 3rd. I was simply responding to other posters who bought up the race issue. Not to mention I don't think we would be discussing this right now if anyone else started the thread. The original poster has a long-winded history on this board of only posting crime threads when the criminal is of a certain race. Perhaps its a coincidence, perhaps its not, but John fair or not has opened himself to be a target from time to time based on previous posts of his.

With that being said this whole back & forth is getting a bit silly (from both of us) and we are basically just cluttering the thread. So if you want to discuss this anymore pm me.

Back to the original topic, fact of the matter is yes this is a tragedy, and it is a horrible crime. However, that doesn't change the fact that despite some thoughts to the contrary Hicksville is not turning into a dangerous place, and crime is still very low in Hicksville.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:58 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,297,505 times
Race card! Race card! Race card! I win! Three of a kind!

There, I played the race card too.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:22 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
I was in the Broadway Mall yesterday, and there are more than a few young men of a certain ethnic persuasion who either are, or who are trying very hard, to look like MS-13 gang members, and if you dress the part and carry yourself that way, you might as well be.

Call my commentary what you will, it is what it is.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I was in the Broadway Mall yesterday, and there are more than a few young men of a certain ethnic persuasion who either are, or who are trying very hard, to look like MS-13 gang members, and if you dress the part and carry yourself that way, you might as well be.

Call my commentary what you will, it is what it is.
How wonderful....could you let us know what to look for, so we have some warning before the bullets start !

Thanks for the heads up !

Being forewarned, is being forearmed !

Old 03-01-2009, 06:22 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,508,646 times
Quote:
Is Hicksville a "sanctuary city" ?
Crime statistics brought to you by RelocationEssentials.com:

Hicksville, NY 11801

Miller Place, NY 11764

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island