U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,429,003 times
I see this message online....

"Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (APRIL 14, 2010). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received."

Is everyone else who is getting a direct deposit seeing this ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 AM

2,846 posts, read 5,993,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I see this message online....

"Your return has been processed. A direct deposit of your refund is scheduled to be issued on (APRIL 14, 2010). If your refund is not credited to your account within 15 days of this date, check with your bank to find out if it has been received."

Is everyone else who is getting a direct deposit seeing this ?
I did direct deposit, e-filed ~2 weeks ago. I'm getting this message:

We received your return and it's in the final stage of processing. While most returns are completed within 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks.

My federal return should be deposited on Friday according to the IRS.

I got a nice amount of $$$ this year, I don't mind waiting!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I did direct deposit, e-filed ~2 weeks ago. I'm getting this message:

We received your return and it's in the final stage of processing. While most returns are completed within 2 weeks, it may take up to 4 weeks.

My federal return should be deposited on Friday according to the IRS.

I got a nice amount of $$$ this year, I don't mind waiting!
Hey you are on the right track as far as state is concerned.... I had that message before it changed to the one I posted today....

Note: I paper filed my returns, so the Federal status shows me nothing, the delivery confirmation shows it was delivered.... I can also wait as long as they can tell me they received it and are processing it, right now its up in the air.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:57 PM

527 posts, read 508,595 times
i efiled my taxes- i got my federal direct deposited a little over a month now- still waiting on my state!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:12 AM

843 posts, read 1,124,439 times
Default I don't think that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
It's against the law to falsify your exemptions by increasing them to more than what they actually are.
I''m required to pay my taxes. That can be done preemptively, quarterly, or monthly. If I do it the first two ways, it makes little sense that I'd be under a legal obligation to have my monthly check garnished by a fixed amount.

Where did you get this fact?

Old 03-25-2010, 06:26 AM

168 posts, read 160,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
I''m required to pay my taxes. That can be done preemptively, quarterly, or monthly. If I do it the first two ways, it makes little sense that I'd be under a legal obligation to have my monthly check garnished by a fixed amount.

Where did you get this fact?
The confusion here is in knowing the difference between how many exemptions you file with the IRS and what your witholding allowence is that you tell your employer. Most people do not understand the difference between the two and believe that they are one in the same. You cannot legally claim more exemptions on your return than you are allowed to this is true but you can adjust your witholding to whatever you want during the year.

I can claim whatever I want with my employer all year long as long as when I file my return my exemptions reflect my true filing status. Most people wont or cant except this for whatever reasons. these are the same people that believe they did good by getting a huge return every year when in reality they gave the government a big interest free loan.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:33 AM

3,127 posts, read 4,628,938 times
I was shocked when I recieved my state return after only a few weeks.
Last year I think it took 2 months.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacoupe View Post
In reality they gave the government a big interest free loan.
I changed it 3 years ago after my kid was born.... Right now I almost break even on the tax. Wife stays home, so that helps my accuracy !

Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 AM

168 posts, read 160,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I changed it 3 years ago after my kid was born.... Right now I almost break even on the tax. Wife stays home, so that helps my accuracy !
Its good to revisit it every year after you file and make any adjustments. Having a House on Long Island is worth 3-4 deductions alone between the mortgage and property taxes. Ive had so many changes myself that I didnt even come close and ended up getting way too much back I wish they would teach this stuff in schools as well as interest rates, what APR means ect. So many people are financially ignorant its unreal. A little knowledge can save you thousands of dollars every year.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:25 AM

6,043 posts, read 6,894,113 times
Mine came last week! Woo hoo! Free money!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island