Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 06:19 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transpl View Post
Funny you posted this link. This and another post featuring some crude W Islip residents come to mind when I think of the town now. It's ironic how a few disgraceful individuals can blemish a town in their misguided attempts to defend it.

I'll call it the "Westbury phenomenon". I have never been to Westbury, but thanks to numerous posts and photos posted by a vocal resident on this board, my minds eye pictures the town looking like Tijuana at 3 a.m. on a Saturday night.

Back on topic, check out West Islip, it's nice.
That particular vocal resident would actually scare me off more than his normal subject matter. I would be terrified to live next to that guy, never know when he's gonna snap!!

But you're absolutely right, now every time I think of West Islip I automatically think of "OMG MY KIDS" lady moreso than reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 05:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,131 times
Wake up. Yeah, it may make some white folks feel uncomfortable living next to "minorities". Guess what, whites will be minorities the way demographics are going. This is not the world we live in. I live right over the West Islip line in Brentwood district with a Bayshore address. In fact at one time the area just north of Bayshore road was in West Islip school district. I have a close friend who wants to buy and is agonizing over spending the extra money to get into WHITE ISLIP. I told him I will laugh my ass off when a minority family moves in next door and that his white neighbors may be *******s as well. The reality is racism is alive and well in America. How about enforcing the imigration laws? I just went to orientation for my 9th grade daughter at the freshman center just off 5th ave in Brentwood. I was blown away by the principal. He was very sincere and they run a tight ship over there. I don't want to stigmatize latinos or any other race. My wife is latin, that makes my kids half latin. How about American? They all bleed red in our unjust wars. You can't hide in West Islip. There are good and bad people everywhere. What are you going to do not work in NYC because it is full of minorities? In fact I feel a kid going to West Islip may be at a disadvantage. When he does get a job and he finds out his boss is a black woman and all his co-workers are latino he won't know what to do. The problem isn't who your neighbors are but more our corrupt facist inefficient job destroying over regulating special intrest pandering power and money hungry town, state, and federal governments. good luck America.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,917 times
west islip!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no if, ands or butts!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island