Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 03:29 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times

Advertisements

The best bet, is a slightly used car.
Once you pull off the lot with your brand new car, you got a beating with the financial ugly stick.
The good thing about a slightly used car, is if the condtions are right, you'll pick up all the original factory warrantees and service incentives. But, that stuff varies from manufacturers. Do tons of homework. It's worth it in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 03:35 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The best bet, is a slightly used car.
Once you pull off the lot with your brand new car, you got a beating with the financial ugly stick.
The good thing about a slightly used car, is if the condtions are right, you'll pick up all the original factory warrantees and service incentives. But, that stuff varies from manufacturers. Do tons of homework. It's worth it in the long run.

Ahreed go CPO.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Are there no worries even with a nearly-new vehicle? It just makes me wonder why it was disowned so quick and whether it was beat up during the vehicle break-in period. Dealers take vehicles home for their own use but when you want a test drive guess which vehicle they're putting you in? Experienced that first hand. Then when it's time to auction them or sell as used, you may just be buying a test-drive car. You will save thousands on the purchase price but there are just so many unknowns. If you're keeping the car long term, more problems may arise after warranty expires... more than if you handled it with your own care since new.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:09 PM

432 posts, read 1,593,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Are there no worries even with a nearly-new vehicle? It just makes me wonder why it was disowned so quick and whether it was beat up during the vehicle break-in period. Dealers take vehicles home for their own use but when you want a test drive guess which vehicle they're putting you in? Experienced that first hand. Then when it's time to auction them or sell as used, you may just be buying a test-drive car. You will save thousands on the purchase price but there are just so many unknowns. If you're keeping the car long term, more problems may arise after warranty expires... more than if you handled it with your own care since new.
Todays cars are built much better then cars even in the early 90's
A dealer can provide you (by law) as to where the car came from. Plus invest in $50.00 and get a car fax. You can purchase an extended warranty if you want on a pre-owned at the time of purchase.

I just picked up a Nissan Rouge to knock around in for $16,650.00 out the door that has 12k miles with a 80K warranty. Plus 10 free oil changes. The trick also is to use up as much of the salesman's time as possible. I spent a Saterday, an entire Saterday at a dealership. Eight hours. I made the poor person put the car on the lift twice to check for a "leak". Then back on Sunday and within 20 minutes we made a deal. They could not get me out of the dealership fast enough. It also help to have great credit, with that you are in the "drivers" seat. The car dealers are in bad shape right now, and anybody who pays full price for capital purchases these days is nuts.

You dont get rich by giving money away.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Certified Pre-Owned - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-22-2009, 09:51 AM

244 posts, read 669,097 times
Suze says it best....

Buy vs Lease: Money Matters - Yahoo! Finance

Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
well I'm familiar with CPO from BMW... but that doesn't mean their previous owners didn't launch their vehicles to red-line often during break-in. I can understand you're still covered, but abusing a vehicle could show results much later down the line (or something just not lasting as long as spec'd)... which in a lot of cases, the warranty for the first few X years won't help.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
I bought my car there and I never had a problem with them . Their service department is excellent.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island