Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,109,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisT View Post
As i said in the last Huntington thread... no one takes 110 to actually GET anywhere. It's been useless for years.

People I know who live west of the village take Woodbury Rd/108 to the parkways, east they take Deer Park Ave/Park Ave.
Whats that Misery rd off 25a that goes up to Melville.

That way is cool too.

crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 10:59 PM

1,010 posts, read 3,918,713 times
There really isn't a direct road all the way to Melville. Oakwood Road will take you to Jericho Turnpike (past Huntington High School, ending up by Walt Whitman High School) but then you're really in West Hills--not far, though. To get to Melville, I posted my back route last week, using Lenox/Depot/Melville. Since I live east of 110 I prefer that route.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexisT View Post
There really isn't a direct road all the way to Melville. Oakwood Road will take you to Jericho Turnpike (past Huntington High School, ending up by Walt Whitman High School) but then you're really in West Hills--not far, though. To get to Melville, I posted my back route last week, using Lenox/Depot/Melville. Since I live east of 110 I prefer that route.

I heard its haunted?

Cool ride though

For 10 minutes your in the middle of nowhere.

crooks

Old 03-22-2009, 11:14 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,476,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Whats that Misery rd off 25a that goes up to Melville.

That way is cool too.

crooks
You're probably thinking of Sweet Hollow Road, that will take you through West Hills (better known as Mount Misery in this area) down to Melville - but it doesn't go as far up as 25A, only Jericho Turnpike. Great drive if you aren't queasy!! There is a "Mount Misery Road" in those woods, but it dead-ends at both sides of the NSP. I think you can cut across 110 fairly easily from there to Pinelawn Rd and continue down to Wellwood Ave which will take you all the way down to Lindenhurst. I haven't had any reason to go that way since I worked at Newsday a long, long time ago and traffic on Wellwood really sucked back then, so there's probably a better route to the south shore.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
You're probably thinking of Sweet Hollow Road, that will take you through West Hills (better known as Mount Misery in this area) down to Melville - but it doesn't go as far up as 25A, only Jericho Turnpike. Great drive if you aren't queasy!! There is a "Mount Misery Road" in those woods, but it dead-ends at both sides of the NSP. I think you can cut across 110 fairly easily from there to Pinelawn Rd and continue down to Wellwood Ave which will take you all the way down to Lindenhurst. I haven't had any reason to go that way since I worked at Newsday a long, long time ago and traffic on Wellwood really sucked back then, so there's probably a better route to the south shore.
Thats the one.

I worked in Melville for a bit too and we used to use that road to get to Jericho for lunch.

crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island