Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 02:26 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthewoods View Post
Hey Tom..got a question for you..can you tell from a specific ML number if a house has been listed under other ml numbers that have since expired? (sitting on the market for a WHILE).

Thanks
Agents can. This is not information made publicly available. If you want to give me the number I'll check it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 04:42 AM

60 posts, read 183,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Agents can. This is not information made publicly available. If you want to give me the number I'll check it for you.

thanks Tom..I sent you a DM

Old 06-15-2009, 10:54 AM

270 posts, read 964,161 times
Ok..........just dropped our price again, down to $239,900!

Cross our fingers that we sell soon.......:-)
We are now one of the cheapest in our development, but the most updated! We recently put in a new CAC W/heat pump system in
addition to everything else.....LOL

Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,165,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie78 View Post

We are now one of the cheapest in our development, but the most updated! We recently put in a new CAC W/heat pump system in
No offense Jackie but you can buy a decent starter house with better schools for that now.

You may have to keep going lower.

I know someone who just scored a really decent starter house for 199 in Miller Place schools.

The deals are out there.

Crooks

Old 06-15-2009, 11:36 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,151,464 times
^^ Couldnt have said it any better crooks. Maybe its best to wait a few years then try to sell it?

Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
^^ Couldnt have said it any better crooks. Maybe its best to wait a few years then try to sell it?

Id rent it out and wait to sell.

When Single Family Homes are the norm in the area, Condos take a real beating in a downturn.

Crooks

Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 PM

827 posts, read 3,093,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie78 View Post

Hey Jackie! Wow, we just recently dropped our condo to the same price level. There is a smaller unit on the market in my development for $255k so you would think that would generate more interest on ours! We actually are a new listing now as our original expired. We had an offer of $230k and the buyer backed out b/c he said our place needed too much work b/c the CAC is old (which we get annually maintenance done to it) and we also change the filter every 30 days...so, he backed out of the deal b/c he thinks our place needs too much work. Right! Our place needs nothing. Bathroom & kitchen are all udpated! I can't deal with the buyers out there these days. So frustrating!

Good luck and I hope you and I both sell at this price level. Ughhh

Old 06-15-2009, 02:33 PM

240 posts, read 236,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIgirl74 View Post
I can't deal with the buyers out there these days. So frustrating!
And buyers can't deal with you sellers thinking just because you took $10k off the price you purchased the condo for in 2006 that your condo is such a great deal. Face facts, you need to heavily discount your place if you want it to move. This is a buyers market and it means pricing accordingly.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 Fighter View Post
And buyers can't deal with you sellers thinking just because you took $10k off the price you purchased the condo for in 2006 that your condo is such a great deal. Face facts, you need to heavily discount your place if you want it to move. This is a buyers market and it means pricing accordingly.

I tend to agree.

I dont envy being in the market trying to catch a falling knife.

I just dont see why anyone would go condo with houses to be had for the same price.

To me a condo is worth about 75% of a comparable sqft home in the market.

Crooks

Old 06-15-2009, 02:47 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I tend to agree.

I dont envy being in the market trying to catch a falling knife.

I just dont see why anyone would go condo with houses to be had for the same price.

To me a condo is worth about 75% of a comparable sqft home in the market.

Crooks
True, however there are those that do not want to take care of the property outside the house nor do they want to hire people to do it. They just simply don't want to be bothered with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island