Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 PM

164 posts, read 458,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
I only like the sicilian in there but ginos in pequa is the best for regular slices.
you know Kenny..we must of run into each other at one time or another..we go to Gino's often...they also do pizza for my kids school... how about Carmela's? or Marsala's?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 04:40 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,139,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitygirl View Post
you know Kenny..we must of run into each other at one time or another..we go to Gino's often...they also do pizza for my kids school... how about Carmela's? or Marsala's?
carmela;s and marsala's are seconds from my house. carmelas is excellent but I prefer gino's. marsala's is still new but I dont like the owner because he robbed my son of $10 when he was 11 and I got the massapequa news on him and he flat out denied it. I would never give him business again.

I go to gino's every friday for dinner.

gigi's is also good.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:45 AM

Quote:
wow Nancy! I never knew this... I guess it is the same place, how many Mama's could they have in the same town?... I would never expected this of them, they seem so nice... ...I guess we can stick to the original thread about copiague
it happens in alot of businesses. unfortunetly, restaurants can get away with it because they can claim that the "tips" they get force them to lower thier wages and they say the tips make up for it. the bottom line is that the employees accept it when they get hired but cry about it later.

for instance, I used to work at Sol's luncheonetter back in 89 (now its marsallas pizza) they offered me $2 an hour but mininum wage was $3.35 at the time. when everything was said and done, my pay at the end of the day would equal out to $3.35 an hour, with tips.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:13 AM

Quote:
carmela;s and marsala's are seconds from my house. carmelas is excellent but I prefer gino's. marsala's is still new but I dont like the owner because he robbed my son of $10 when he was 11 and I got the massapequa news on him and he flat out denied it. I would never give him business again.

I go to gino's every friday for dinner.

gigi's is also good.
I can't believe they robbed an 11 year old geez! ... we haven't been there in a long, long time. I haven't been to GiGi's in ages either. When we do have a pizza night, it's usually Friday and we take out from Gino's. At times we eat there..always so crowded!

I use to work weekends at IHOP in Massapequa when I was in school (100 years ago) I also made something like two dollars an hour plus tips...

Old 08-28-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I can't believe they robbed an 11 year old geez! ... we haven't been there in a long, long time. I haven't been to GiGi's in ages either. When we do have a pizza night, it's usually Friday and we take out from Gino's. At times we eat there..always so crowded!

I use to work weekends at IHOP in Massapequa when I was in school (100 years ago) I also made something like two dollars an hour plus tips...

yea, my son found a $50 bill on the floor one day, by marsallas. he looked around to see if anyone had dropped it and the only guy that was there was the owner of marsallas. my son, approached him and asked if he had dropped it or known who had dropped it. the owner said "no, but if you give me $10 out of the $50, ill make sure the owner gets it when he comes looking for it." my son, being young and gullible, accepted his deal. when my son told me what had happened, i became furious that a guy would take advantage of an 11 year old like that. I confronted the owner and he flat out denied it. I will never, ever give him any type of business again. not to mention that he employs drug dealers!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:09 AM

gi gi;s has changed a bit. lou, the owner, sold the business to an indian family.

i love ihop! ive been going to the massapequa ihop for years. I know the owner, camille. she owns a bar in lindenhurst and I had booked a couple of artists there.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
gi gi;s has changed a bit. lou, the owner, sold the business to an indian family.

i love ihop! ive been going to the massapequa ihop for years. I know the owner, camille. she owns a bar in lindenhurst and I had booked a couple of artists there.

that is something about the $50.00 to do that to anyone, let alone a kid! That is a low life thing to do for sure. I was there a few years back..I can't remember exactly right now, but there was something in my food..it grossed me out and haven't been back since...

I worked for IHOP when a man George owned it.. his daughters also worked there, Marilyn & GiGi. we love ihop..but I hate the parking lot.. it is always a problem to park there...some times we go to the one in Babylon on sunrise..we also go to Country Kitchen on Hicksville Rd. I have cut down on eating out, it's just a treat now and then (to me when I do not feel like cooking..lol)

Old 08-29-2009, 03:21 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
That Mamma's pizzeria just got busted for something. I don't remember what though, it was on News 12 and FIOS 1...

Old 08-30-2009, 09:25 AM

again? I guess this is round two for them. or maybe even more that we are not aware of. It's a shame, they have a nice restaurant with good food, can't understand why they would want to tarnish their reputation like that.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,968 times
Default Copiague aint that bad

Quote:
south copaigue, south of montauk highway is excellent. north orf montaunk highway, middle to lower class whites. a little furthur north its latino and polish. north of sunrise is african american.
Like most of long island, the town divide is divided along racial lines.
While there is some fact to the above statement there are white people living on the north side of sunrise hwy. You can not travel from directly fron Copiague to Lindenhurst on many streets because they are blocked. Most of the people in Copiague are hard working middle class families with 1 or 2 jobs trying to maintain their home. There are some rental home and these are always a problem. Stay away from a rental.

I don't have anything bad to say about the school system, If you do you can send them to Saint Martins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island