U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-04-2009, 01:29 AM

467 posts, read 1,209,364 times

Advertisements

I want to go to the Belmont Fair this weekend in Elmont at Belmont Park. The LIRR isn't running the stop directly to the park yet. I'm coming from the UES in Manhattan, and I was thinking of taking the LIRR to either Bellerose or Queens Village and walking from there, but is that advisable & which stop is best, or is there an easier or quicker way to get there besides that? Thanks for letting me know!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 04:09 AM

2,846 posts, read 6,277,109 times
You can take the F train to Jamaica/179th Street and hop on the N6 bus which will let you off on Hempstead Turnpike right in front of Belmont...cheaper than the LIRR too!

Just double check what times the bus runs, it might be flaky on the weekends....and I'm not sure if it runs on Sundays at all. If not, there might be a Queens bus that gets you close to Belmont, but I'm not sure which...sorry.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:36 PM

467 posts, read 1,209,364 times
Both of those LIRR stops are only about 20 minutes outside of Penn Station, I think that taking the F and then a bus would make the travel time a bit long, don't you think?

Old 04-05-2009, 12:46 AM

1,667 posts, read 2,913,653 times
I am really sure about these directions. Take the LIRR to Queens Village. Then walk south on Springfield blvd about 6 blocks towards Hemptead tpke. At Hempstead Turnpike make a left and walk five more blocks and the Belmont fair will be on the left. The walk takes 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island