Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 01:36 PM

347 posts, read 1,352,309 times

Advertisements

OK my wife has never had her eyebrows "threaded" and they look just fine. Don't you all think this is a bit unnecessary? Just sayin'....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 03:16 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Just curious. Doesn't the saliva get on your eyebrows? After all the thread is passing through their mouths as they trim the brows. It looks unsanitary.
who said the the thread goes in their mouth? I have never seen that

Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager-li View Post
OK my wife has never had her eyebrows "threaded" and they look just fine. Don't you all think this is a bit unnecessary? Just sayin'....
no, people like to be well groomed. Whether it's waxing or threading or tweezing your eyebrows most women want to look their best. I don't tweeze it hurts to much so I get them waxed. Same for men who like to "manscape". It's called good grooming.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
GPC

1,308 posts, read 3,413,481 times
Quote:
I've never had my eyebrows 'threaded' either. I never even knew there was such a thing. I do agree with you that it's unnecessary. Grooming stuff like taking showers, putting on deodorant, brushing teeth, etc. are necessary but certainly not something like eyebrow 'threading'. Even the term sounds strange.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:08 PM

225 posts, read 715,902 times
Go to Pooja Salon in Levittown-- corner of Hempstead Twpk & Gardeners...$5 and they do an awesome job.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Some people are lucky and don't have crazy brows.

I've had my brows threaded several times. I have had allergic reactions to some waxes, so that's out. I have arthritis which makes holding tweezers to do the task very difficult and frustrating at best. My brows are very full and grow in fast. Threading makes them perfect as threader targets each individual brow hair.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:33 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Just curious. Doesn't the saliva get on your eyebrows? After all the thread is passing through their mouths as they trim the brows. It looks unsanitary.

Ewwwwwwww. I've never had someone put the thread in their mouth.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Ewwwwwwww. I've never had someone put the thread in their mouth.
Yeah I want to know where the OP got the idea that they put the thread in their mouth. I have noticed as I got older my eyebrows are not as thick. I wax them 2 x a year. They seem to not grow back as much as when I was younger. What annoys me is men who have uni brows (like bert on sesame street) My husband has it and he refuses to let me shave it in the middle and make it 2 seperate brows. Ugghh!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 PM

939 posts, read 2,311,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bharti View Post
hi ! Best threading place i find with the help of my friend, when i go with her it is wonderful, she did my eyebrow its amazing, this place is very clean,i don,t think another place like this.the name of place is ruby salon its in Huntington right on Jericho tpke its in Suffolk .
ya know... bumping a thread that's over two years old on eyebrow threading is really kinda stupid... odds are the op has found a place to get her brows done already somewhere in the past two years, or has learned to live with her horribly overgrown uni-brow

Last edited by ENFD240; 08-19-2011 at 09:28 PM..

Old 08-23-2011, 11:26 AM

428 posts, read 970,090 times
I love the place I go to. It's 57 Rockaway Avenue in Valley Stream (right off of Merrick and Rockaway). I'm cuban and have very meticulous brows that need bi-monthly maintenance down to the day.

They are SO awesome (Indian owned)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island