U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:21 PM

518 posts, read 1,045,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonylongisland View Post
Peter Pan Dinner in bay shore off of sunrise highway has been consistent for a long time. Like all dinners, if you stick to the basics you will be fine... if you go for the seafood what evers then you may be disapointed.
peter pan is pretty good.. i also used to always go to candlelight diner in commack, which i think was pretty good also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 04:36 PM

404 posts, read 861,890 times
The New Forum Diner in Bay Shore is not bad. The Oconee Diner in Islip is a little to crazed for my tastes, there must be 50 televisions, along with animated pictures, ect. Poppy's in Islip is good, at least it was the last time I ate there. Glen's in Babylon has great ambiance, and good food as well. Not really a diner, but some of the best diner type food can be had at Maureen's Kitchen, on Terry Rd in Smithtown. Be prepared to wait, but worth it.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:55 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,168,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomvang View Post
The New Forum Diner in Bay Shore is not bad. The Oconee Diner in Islip is a little to crazed for my tastes, there must be 50 televisions, along with animated pictures, ect. Poppy's in Islip is good, at least it was the last time I ate there. Glen's in Babylon has great ambiance, and good food as well. Not really a diner, but some of the best diner type food can be had at Maureen's Kitchen, on Terry Rd in Smithtown. Be prepared to wait, but worth it.
I liked Oconee's but I do agree---there is alot going on,maybe a bit too much.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:42 PM

347 posts, read 801,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I lived in Port Jefferson Station for years and a while in Selden.Part of the history of long island it seams is going to diners. Even when I was a kid in Queens diner visits were common.Now when I thought about it the other day and realized that the Hi-Lite is either closed or on an extended renovation,I questioned myself to which is the best.For years the Hi-Lite had good food and then went downhill and the Metropolis in Medford had great specials but my choice would have to be the "Seaport Diner". It was always a reliable fallback and never failed.Now please people don't mention the Suffolk Diner(Dawn Dr./centereach) or Lake Rock(Ronkonkoma area) which made me sick every time I went there.They rank up there with the old Tanglewood diner (roach infested) in Stony Brook that has been gone for years now.So here's your task,tell me which is best.Take into consideration price and what you get for it,and quality of food. So which is best?
Hey, nothing wrong with Suffolk Diner - I've been there many times and always thought the food was good. I am not, however, a big fan of the Lake Grove Diner on 347. I think they are overpriced and their food is mediocre.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager-li View Post
Hey, nothing wrong with Suffolk Diner - I've been there many times and always thought the food was good. I am not, however, a big fan of the Lake Grove Diner on 347. I think they are overpriced and their food is mediocre.
I agree about the lake grove diner.I started going to the Suffolk Diner as a kid long before the renovation.I probably first went there 1983 when I was 12 and sporatically in between.It's really nothing to brag about. My suggestion to you is if you live local to these try Metropolis in Medford and Seaport in PJS and you'll see a major difference.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 PM

7,658 posts, read 10,741,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexei27 View Post
The diner at the Junction of Rt 111/25/25A in Smithtown (maybe Village of the Branch???...i'm still new here) is very good. The menu is a novel...it's reasonably priced and has that diner "Feel". Portions are huge.

They deal with my screaming 2 and 3 year old as well. I recommend it when I am not there...

The Rocky Point Diner on 25A isn't bad either.

Former SeaPort loyalist now frequents the Heriatge in Mt Sinai and the Rocky Point Diner.

IMHO Best Diner on LI is still the Massapequa followed by the Peter Pan and Metropolis

crooks

Old 04-07-2009, 08:57 PM

518 posts, read 1,045,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villager-li View Post
i found the food to be decent at the suffolk diner, but it was a bit overpriced i think, for a diner

Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Former SeaPort loyalist now frequents the Heriatge in Mt Sinai and the Rocky Point Diner.

IMHO Best Diner on LI is still the Massapequa followed by the Peter Pan and Metropolis

crooks
I haven't been to the one in rocky point for a long time.The Heritage is WAY OVERPRICED and you don't get anything with your meal (everything is extra). Thumbs down dude!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:47 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,523,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
My suggestion to you is if you live local to these try Metropolis in Medford and Seaport in PJS and you'll see a major difference.

Ah, my favorite out here. I used to go there alot, when i lived down there. Now that i am up in centereach i will have to try the Seaport in pjs

Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM

1,192 posts, read 2,836,022 times
We like Rocky Point too, I've probably seen Crooks & Alexei27 & their families there & didn't even know it! LOL!

The Coram Diner is still good but its a ROUGH crowd over there. I'm always afraid I'm going to get shanked in the parking lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island