Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdairyp View Post
South Bay Diner off sunrise highway in Lindenhurst is very good. They are self proclaimed best diner on long island. Not sure where that snippet came from but it was printed somewhere i believe.
haha but Seaford Palace Diner also says they are the best on LI (I know, that's not Suffolk)...so really who wins? Personally, all diners are relatively the same food-wise. The menus, prices, service and specials vary but really the food generally tastes the same. For me, the diner that is closest to me is the best. I'm not going to drive 20 or 30 minutes just to go to the diner when I've got 4 or 5 diners in town as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
haha but Seaford Palace Diner also says they are the best on LI (I know, that's not Suffolk)...so really who wins? Personally, all diners are relatively the same food-wise. The menus, prices, service and specials vary but really the food generally tastes the same. For me, the diner that is closest to me is the best. I'm not going to drive 20 or 30 minutes just to go to the diner when I've got 4 or 5 diners in town as it is.
That's where you are wrong. Alot of diner food does taste the same but the elite ones don't. The menus in most are similiar and alot of times with more of a greek influence but from each county there are always a few that stand out.If you don't want to drive out of your way I understand especially if it's only slightly better but some are MUCH better.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,611 times
Olympic Diner in Deer Park,is the best diner on Long Island.Their food is fantastic.No matter what you order,they have the best food.Sinve being totally renovated in 2007,the diner inside and out is beautiful.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:19 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffelli View Post
Olympic Diner in Deer Park,is the best diner on Long Island.Their food is fantastic.No matter what you order,they have the best food.Sinve being totally renovated in 2007,the diner inside and out is beautiful.
Been a couple of years since I was there.Probably 2005-06 and there food was pretty good but not one of the elite back then.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,132 times
The Hi-lite Diner in Port Jeff Station is a shell of its former self...literally. Looks like someone set it on fire.

Man charged with setting fire to former diner in Port Jeff Station
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island