Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:31 PM

11 posts, read 29,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Selden schools are in the middle country district which is a good district. If you want to know about specific parts of the town feel free to ask. Some parts of Selden are better then others but none horrible.
I saw this house a few blocks from old town rd. and I believe bluepoint rd.I believe that it is near to the border with port jeff. station, and I was reading here that it is not a nice area, plus my daughter will start kindergarten in sept. so, I'm looking for something in east setauket but selden has better prices, and I'm not sure about how selden and ots school district is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 01:49 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,136,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypointny View Post
Compared to What? Skelden!?
Rocky Point is certainly more desireable than Selden but Selden isn't THAT bad either.

Crooks

Old 04-11-2009, 02:08 PM

20,010 posts, read 20,683,019 times
Seldon, overall isn't a "bad" place to live. There are pockets here and there of not so desirable residents. It has a white trash stigma attatched to it for some reason, or at least that used to be the problem. I've done quite a bit of work up there in recent years, and it seems like an average, ordinary, little community. A few hundred dirtbags shouldn't ruin it for thousands of decent residents, ya know?

Old 04-11-2009, 02:09 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,109,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockypointny View Post
Compared to What? Skelden!?
Are you really going to tell me that Rocky Point north of 25 A by all the hills is as nice as Selden? No,way! You must be from RP!

Old 04-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alilisi View Post
I saw this house a few blocks from old town rd. and I believe bluepoint rd.I believe that it is near to the border with port jeff. station, and I was reading here that it is not a nice area, plus my daughter will start kindergarten in sept. so, I'm looking for something in east setauket but selden has better prices, and I'm not sure about how selden and ots school district is.
Old Town touches PJS and Selden but the specific area does matter. Blue Point Rd. is in Selden too but nowhere near Old Town. If you get me specific street names i'll be glad to fill you in.The state streets like Texas are good as well as the ones near dare rd and stagecoach elementary but I will tell you better when you fill me in.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Rocky Point is certainly more desireable than Selden but Selden isn't THAT bad either.

Crooks
North of 25a by jupiter and the other winding roads is more of a drug pocket then all of selden.

Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM

The only place to avoid is right on the main roads (middle country,boyle road,old town) where renters are more common and by larry the locksmith where day laborers are known to swarm into a few homes.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:08 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,393,180 times
Quote:
Are you really going to tell me that Rocky Point north of 25 A by all the hills is as nice as Selden? No,way! You must be from RP!

LOL, Did you happen to notice his screename????????????????????? Show me a working class neighborhood that dosnt have white trash.BTW i live in a working class neighborhood(Centereach), and my neighbors(who look a little trashy) are some of the most helpful, nice people i have ever met. You really cant judge a book by its cover. I would take them as my neighbors over stuck-up aholes who dont even say hi to you.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
LOL, Did you happen to notice his screename????????????????????? Show me a working class neighborhood that dosnt have white trash.BTW i live in a working class neighborhood(Centereach), and my neighbors(who look a little trashy) are some of the most helpful, nice people i have ever met. You really cant judge a book by its cover. I would take them as my neighbors over stuck-up aholes who dont even say hi to you.
The good part is that one of my jobs is as a cable contractor which i've been doing since 95 for cablevision of riverhead,hauppauge,and port jeff station as well as tci(brookhaven cable) before that.If you go from bayshore and head east to orient point on the north fork and as far as amagansett on the south fork; i've been on every street in all these towns and have probably been in at least 2 houses per block so I know suffolk county quite well.Drugs are everywhere but drug houses and crack houses are very specific.Like I said before Selden IS BETTER then Rocky Point!

Old 04-11-2009, 03:36 PM

240 posts, read 1,055,256 times
Quote:
Nothing but outdated high-ranches on flat treeless streets, and that's the nice part of Selden, Don't get me started on Adirondack, Magnolia and Blue Point Road. I have friends that went to Newfield and HATED it, you want to talk about a drug haven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island