Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM

487 posts, read 544,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzelom View Post
My son goes to LIU Brooklyn every day for school. I drive him to the Mineola LIRR station.

We live in East Meadow. Is there any place in Mineola (paid or not) that he can park his car and get his train?

We will gladly get a parking sticker if we can. But we are TOH not TOB.

Any suggestions? I am getting tired of driving him every day.
There is the Intermodal MTA parking facility in Mineola which has 900 spots, however, the cost is $6 per day. You cannot park in the residential part of Mineola which is walking distance to the train, the Park section, because of restricted parking on the streets. This does not allow people to park there all day while in the City. Local commercial/main streets have restricted timed meters so that would not work for you. That area is the home of the County seat and Winthrop so the Intermodal would be the best choice for parking for a non-resident. Parking permits are available for Mineola residents only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: