Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 09:28 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times

Advertisements

The anti-vaxxers on this thread are really adept at changing their claims as each one of their arguments get debunked.

First, vaccines caused autism, then that was proven wrong.
Next, vaccines were a personal choice that only affects the decider, then that was proven wrong.
Then, vaccines cause other widespread health issues, then that was proven wrong.
Next, vaccines caused one poster and someone one poster knew to have liver scarring, as corroborated by a brilliant and famous but unidentified researcher who cannot be named due to a confidentiality agreement, which was preposterous.
Now, those posters who support vaccines are paid by big pharma, even though pharma would make more money without vaccines.

I am excited to see what the claim morphs into next.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The anti-vaxxers on this thread are really adept at changing their claims as each one of their arguments get debunked.

First, vaccines caused autism, then that was proven wrong.
Next, vaccines were a personal choice that only affects the decider, then that was proven wrong.
Then, vaccines cause other widespread health issues, then that was proven wrong.
Next, vaccines caused one poster and someone one poster knew to have liver scarring, as corroborated by a brilliant and famous but unidentified researcher who cannot be named due to a confidentiality agreement, which was preposterous.
Now, those posters who support vaccines are paid by big pharma, even though pharma would make more money without vaccines.

I am excited to see what the claim morphs into next.
You make some good points. There's always something with the anti-vaxers. There's always one more study that needs to be done, etc.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:38 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Oh, for Pity's Sake! That's one of the principles of "Anti-Vax 101".
Myths That Keep People From Vaccinating Their Kids
See #7
Wow she's sending you here to for defense..never saw you post on LI forum before either. Call me crazy now!

Old 02-06-2015, 09:41 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
You make some good points. There's always something with the anti-vaxers. There's always one more study that needs to be done, etc.
My favorite so far has definitely been that, although no one has produced any evidentiary proof whatsoever that vaccines cause autism (and therefore no one has proven vaccines are dangerous), no one has DISproven that they cause autism either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Wow she's sending you here to for defense..never saw you post on LI forum before either. Call me crazy now!
I'm curious to know whether you are as hysterical and irrational in real life or is it just on this forum. I can't fathom that someone so incapable of having a reasonable, fact-supported discussion is a functional member of society.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
If I called you crazy, I'd get the infraction. My first post here was Jan. 25. I found this thread through a search. Give it up.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:51 AM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Quote:
If I called you crazy, I'd get the infraction. My first post here was Jan. 25. I found this thread through a search. Give it up.
What I mean is this is the Long Island forum. Do you have any connection to Long Island? If not then you only came here for this thread that has been turned nasty between pro-vax & anti-vax. This was a simple thread..very old that was revived by someone asking for a LOCAL physician recommendation. Have you posted on LI forum about any other topic besides this one? If not it means you are trolling I believe. None of these comments answer the OP question at all.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
What I mean is this is the Long Island forum. Do you have any connection to Long Island? If not then you only came here for this thread that has been turned nasty between pro-vax & anti-vax. This was a simple thread..very old that was revived by someone asking for a LOCAL physician recommendation. Have you posted on LI forum about any other topic besides this one? If not it means you are trolling I believe. None of these comments answer the OP question at all.
Anyone can post on any forum in CD. The "T" word is supposed to be off limits, and can get you an infraction. You can stop over and post on the Colorado forums any time. Speaking of Colorado, the Colorado Children's Immunization Coalition just posted this on their Facebook page:
The money behind the vaccine skeptics - Video - Business News

Well worth the three minutes of your time to watch, and I hate videos.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:23 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,271,680 times
Because of continued complaints, this thread will be closed until keeper and I can review it.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 02-06-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island