Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2009, 10:56 AM

517 posts, read 2,485,253 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I posted a question a while back about this but didn't get any responses. We need to replace our gutters and are looking for a recommendation. I could go to the yellow pages but I'd really prefer to get a name from someone who has actually used this person/company. I know HomeDepot does them too, but I have heard negative comments about them.

Has anyone replaced their gutters recently or know a good company/person to replace gutters? We're located in Lynbrook but I imagine a company located anywhere in Nassau County would do it.

Also, can anyone tell me a rough estimate of what this should cost? Its approximately 125 linear feet.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBo View Post
Hi,

I posted a question a while back about this but didn't get any responses. We need to replace our gutters and are looking for a recommendation. I could go to the yellow pages but I'd really prefer to get a name from someone who has actually used this person/company. I know HomeDepot does them too, but I have heard negative comments about them.

Has anyone replaced their gutters recently or know a good company/person to replace gutters? We're located in Lynbrook but I imagine a company located anywhere in Nassau County would do it.

Also, can anyone tell me a rough estimate of what this should cost? Its approximately 125 linear feet.

I have to replace my gutters too, just got a referral from a looleague who has used this company and will use him myself - will send you info when I get home.

Thanks!

Home Depot uses outside contractors, so it can be hit or miss!
I have to replace my gutters too - the roofer who replaced my roof never put all of the gutters back and it's not been fun with runoff, etc.
I just got a referral from a colleague who used this guy/company and I will use him myself - will send you info later tonight.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:25 PM

Thanks! I appreciate that. Re: Home Depot - if they're going to use outside contractors, we might as well cut out the middle man and go straight to the source.

Karen

Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I appreciate that. Re: Home Depot - if they're going to use outside contractors, we might as well cut out the middle man and go straight to the source.

Karen

Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 AM

151 posts, read 534,942 times
DM Sent

Old 05-04-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:

Karen
DM sent

Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 AM

131 posts, read 610,347 times
Gutters are usually inexpensive, $100-$400 for an entire house. Make sure and use a person that rolls the gutters them self. Some will come by and give you an estimate and then get the gutters made and come back to install, don't use them since it will cost more.

The guy I used (don't have the number anymore) had the machine in his van that rolled the sheets of metal into gutters. Also pay attention to the hangers they use. Good hangers are quite a bit more than the flimsier ones so pay attention to that too.

Make sure the gutters are all angled so they have a good run off. Sometimes companies try to save money by having some gutters running into other smaller ones etc so ask specifically where each gutter is going.

Lastly, gutters should not really be run down in the front of a house and it may be more to have them drain in the back so also ask where they will connect to the side of the house running do

Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 AM

1,386 posts, read 5,346,667 times
what Anthony said....

I had mine done a month ago, my brother in law arranged for it. inexpensive. I paid about $2.35 lf
plus an upcharge for the better hangers. It was that for the downspouts as well if you are replacing those.

I have seen quotes from 2.00-3.50. The $2.00 guys didn't show for the job so the 2.35 guy got the job. and it was fabed onsite out of his van, done in an hour.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the info - that helps a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: