Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 AM

2,942 posts, read 5,992,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoliv21 View Post
From what I've learned, fluoride, when applied topically, is helpful in preventing tooth decay (although debatable). Howerver, when ingested, it is absolutely TOXIC and HARMFUL! It calcifies the body and damages the Pineal Gland, and is believed to lower IQ. I was so happy to find out that Long Island water is NOT fluoridated. Some law-makers are trying to change that however, we cannot allow it!!
Then that explains it! All the fluoride previously applied to the towns and villages water supply is the Root Cause of the dummies living on the island! Now, the towns and villages can no longer blame the teachers for doing a poor job. Dummy living in your town - blame flouride! That's right, we can't allow it - we need the IQ level of Long Islander's to rise, not fall any lower than they already have!

WTF? How fall this island has fallen as to have this nonsense about toxicity,mottled teeth (yeah, if you drink the flouride rinse 4x a day instead of the 1x as it says on the bottle), etc. being tossed about as if it were FACT instead of conjecture.
Dummies, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 03:34 PM

481 posts, read 1,057,432 times
Flouride also blocks iodine absorbtion which hurts the thyroid, as well as other areas of the body.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,302,182 times
31 and no cavs due to flouride so take that as you will.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM

45 posts, read 96,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
yes but do you have 3 heads and 108 teeth?

Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM

22,640 posts, read 36,603,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yeah, my teeth are terrible - my sibs are fine. They spent their first years in Levittown with flouridated water and I spent my childhood in Huntington - no flouride.

My kids are getting flouridated water, flouride toothpaste, and flouride treatment 2x a year. And their molars are sealed.

Many cavities and root canals later, I'll take my chances with my kids.

I never gave the flouride drops though.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:37 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,046,347 times
Never knew there were so many dentists, doctors and scientists on this board. Guess they all got their degrees from the Internet and studied under the renowned Doctor Google.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Yeah, my teeth are terrible - my sibs are fine. They spent their first years in Levittown with flouridated water and I spent my childhood in Huntington - no flouride.

My kids are getting flouridated water, flouride toothpaste, and flouride treatment 2x a year. And their molars are sealed.

Many cavities and root canals later, I'll take my chances with my kids.

I never gave the flouride drops though.

your jacked up teeth are probably due to living in NC. it's a commont trait there

Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 PM

629 posts, read 1,696,977 times
The internet is a big place and with a little internet research we can all find articulate arguments made by medical professionals FOR and AGAINST the use of fluoride. The information I have read on the subject has caused me to avoid it - that's MY decision - it's also the decision of the SCWA:
No Fluoride in Suffolk County Water Authority's Drinking Supply | General News - News | Suffolk County Water Authority

Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM

Shortcomings of health information on the Internet

Old 12-05-2012, 06:30 PM

22,640 posts, read 36,603,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude you buggin View Post
your jacked up teeth are probably due to living in NC. it's a commont trait there
You are buggin'. Everyone knows teeth go to Florida for the winter. Jaysus, how dumb can you be?

Peace out, man.

I guess the public library is the only warm place left, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island