Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,470,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I don't think I Love LI was referring to me. I get it though. If you offer an opinion different than the status quo, you're labeled a troll. Nice place you have here.
I guess I can say whatever I want about Gordon Heights then. It's already been determined it's a sucky place to live by the almighty LI internet elite.
There are a few obvious trolls here and I am certainly not one of them.
I_Love_LI was referring to the OP, who (in the past) has started a bunch of other threads that only seemed to serve the purpose of stirring up trouble or getting people riled up. Whether that's true or if he/she was actually curious about these areas, I don't know....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,324,895 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/9241725-post10.html

When I said read betwen the lines, I was referring to this post Crook.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,324,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I_Love_LI was referring to the OP, who (in the past) has started a bunch of other threads that only seemed to serve the purpose of stirring up trouble or getting people riled up. Whether that's true or if he/she was actually curious about these areas, I don't know....

I know. Crook was referring to me though, not the OP. Hence the "Bellport" comment.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 PM

745 posts, read 1,499,183 times
Quote:
I see nobody grew any guts from the Last Gordon Heights discussion.

GORDON HEIGHTS IS A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD.

There, I said it.
This is why everyone says it's bad and Longwood school sucks, blah, blah, blah.
Um, quite a few of the posters here recommend the Longwood school district quite regularly, Crooks being one of them.

Also, IMO race is not part of the equation when most of us speak of bad neighborhoods. For example, many of us tell people to stay away from Mastic Beach, yet it is 88% white, so your theory about race is incorrect.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:33 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,099,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Um, quite a few of the posters here recommend the Longwood school district quite regularly, Crooks being one of them.

Also, IMO race is not part of the equation when most of us speak of bad neighborhoods. For example, many of us tell people to stay away from Mastic Beach, yet it is 88% white, so your theory about race is incorrect.

I stand by Longwood schools.

Floyds another story.

Crooks

Old 06-22-2009, 10:34 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,099,600 times
Quote:
I know. Crook was referring to me though, not the OP. Hence the "Bellport" comment.

Fixit was shopping Bellport/Mastic/Gordon Heights etc etc etc.

My bad..its Troll city.

Crooks

Old 08-01-2009, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,085 times
Generations of my family grew up in Gordon Heights, myself included. We have been to and graduated colleges and grad schools from Dartmouth to St. Joseph's. I recently moved back this year (09). To me, it has not changed, with the exception of an increased hispanic population and a few more white home owners. You can pick up bad elements from any community. Gordon Heights' issues are just not as well hidden as say, Coram, Selden, Middle Island or Lake Grove. Here, the houses being built quickly and with poor quality. Then they sit empty, only to be abandoned or foreclosed on when some unsuspecting, wide eyed family moves in and can't afford it. The issue with NY and LI in particular is that it is full of nepotism, discrimination and greed. Race is used to create a carefully enforced "unspoken" heirarchy. Take a lesson from the crap NJ is going through, corruption is deep. Now tons of discrimination suits are being felt from apartment complexes to police and fire companies! A community is what you make it. You can get involved in the meth labs of Ridge or Port Jeff or you can sell crack in Gordon Heights or Bellport. Perhaps you will do neither and visit the parks, churches, schools and make a community better. No hubcabs get stolen and no crack zombies wandering the streets. Judgement is such a s*tty thing to have without knowledge.

Old 10-17-2009, 10:23 AM

162 posts, read 600,489 times
What other Long Island villages/hamlets would people here compare Gordon Heights to? North Bellport? Wyandanch?

Old 10-17-2009, 11:35 AM

1,615 posts, read 3,569,338 times
mastic,mastic beach,shirley

Old 10-17-2009, 11:47 AM

162 posts, read 600,489 times
Thanks for the answer, if it compares to those three then it's not that bad, I like Mastic Beach and Shirley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island