U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,984,459 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for someone to cut our lawn a couple of times - my house is under contract and will close by the end of June.

My regular lawn company hasn't touched it all season and keeps passing it by, but they do cut my neighbors' lawns. I've finally given up on my lawn company after calling and emailing many times over the past few weeks. The owner obviously doesn't listen to his messages nor checks his email since I've heard nothing from him. But we have received a bill for phantom cuts.

Currently our lawn is about 1.5 ft. high. Not good. My buyers will be doing a walkthrough in a couple of weeks and we'll need the lawn in good condition.

Any suggestions as to who to call in the Three Village area is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 09:25 PM

16,685 posts, read 27,909,805 times
Three Village Lawn - Setauket
Keith
473-6963

Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 PM

Thanks OhBeeHave - I'll keep his number in my book and try him.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 AM

16,416 posts, read 27,948,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for someone to cut our lawn a couple of times - my house is under contract and will close by the end of June.

My regular lawn company hasn't touched it all season and keeps passing it by, but they do cut my neighbors' lawns. I've finally given up on my lawn company after calling and emailing many times over the past few weeks. The owner obviously doesn't listen to his messages nor checks his email since I've heard nothing from him. But we have received a bill for phantom cuts.

Currently our lawn is about 1.5 ft. high. Not good. My buyers will be doing a walkthrough in a couple of weeks and we'll need the lawn in good condition.

Any suggestions as to who to call in the Three Village area is appreciated.
Andrea II,

Glad to hear it's in contract! I know you had an annoying time with trying to sell it. Did you end up selling it to the whackjobs that wanted to take $$$ off the offer because of a traffic accident that happened 12 years ago in your town?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Andrea II,

Glad to hear it's in contract! I know you had an annoying time with trying to sell it. Did you end up selling it to the whackjobs that wanted to take $$$ off the offer because of a traffic accident that happened 12 years ago in your town?
Yes, we actually sold it to them (after 150 showings!!), and I'm glad to be getting done with it even though we took a hit financially due to the accident that was nowhere near the house. We had another buyer seriously interested at the same time while they were dithering about the price, but the second buyer moved on. Our closing is in approximately 2 weeks from now - lots of things to do; movers, cleaning out, etc. What a relief to have it almost done!!

Went into contract first half of March. I thought the bank held up their mortgage, but it turns out it wasn't the bank - the buyers were waiting for the interest rate to fall even further than it was in May, and now it went up to 5%. Serves them right for being so selfish, cheap and petty. If they hadn't waited for the interest rate to fall, the house would have been closed on in May and it would all have been over with at this point.

But with this strange economy we're lucky to be almost done with what turned out to be a stressful and miserable experience. Have to agree with some people on here saying prices will fall a bit further and then finally stabilize. I really think we're talking 3 - 5 more years of a rough housing market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or