Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 03:20 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 Fighter View Post
Are your discussions around how to pay for the ridiculous taxes caused by the ridiculous compensation packages of the Long Island Police departments..
lol
It was definitely part of the discussion recently, since the 2nd half of the tax bill came due. My CEO's jaw dropped when I told him where that 11%of the bill was going and how much SCPD was paid. He thought they were making like 60K. LOL He's not from LI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 05:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,447 times
Default Beware for peace of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by back 2 the midwest View Post
i am new to long island and my wife is a teacher and she has a chance to possibly get a job with the deer park school district. I was wondering if there are any teachers out there who know anything about the school district. Things like how the administration is towards the teachers or just how the district is to work for in general. I have heard awful things about the william floyd school district so i am just wondering.
i've lived here for almost 13 yrs. I thought i would not have to worry about how the william floyd school district treated my child. Maybe strangers or perverts,but not the wfsd administration,who are supposed to protect. We have been through so much that i couldn't begin to tell you everything. My child has almost died many times as a result of the discrimination in this district. When we wouldn't give up,just to provide an education,basic health necessities;intentional retaliation and slander followed!!! I am most sad for my child,as it is "the child left behind". There were employees who tried to help,but morals and compassion do not survive in the william floyd school district! If you work there,just be aware that one day you may be asked to do something that will hurt a child. The defenceless.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,158,192 times
^^ "Almost died several times"? A little far fetched, eh? I know a couple of people with whom I work with who live in Shirlry & their children attend William Floyd. Although they say there are the normal school yard fights & trouble makers at the school that overall they say its not that bad? Bascially Im just curious on how the teachers & school admin. is at fault and your child almost dies several times?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFSD parent View Post
i've lived here for almost 13 yrs. I thought i would not have to worry about how the william floyd school district treated my child. Maybe strangers or perverts,but not the wfsd administration,who are supposed to protect. We have been through so much that i couldn't begin to tell you everything. My child has almost died many times as a result of the discrimination in this district. When we wouldn't give up,just to provide an education,basic health necessities;intentional retaliation and slander followed!!! I am most sad for my child,as it is "the child left behind". There were employees who tried to help,but morals and compassion do not survive in the william floyd school district! If you work there,just be aware that one day you may be asked to do something that will hurt a child. The defenceless.

What?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:56 AM

532 posts, read 1,270,314 times
Quote:
My child has almost died many times as a result of the discrimination in this district. When we wouldn't give up,just to provide an education,basic health necessities;intentional retaliation and slander followed!!!
Sigh..what I wouldn't give to hear the SD side of this.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:49 AM

164 posts, read 458,337 times
Quote:

wow..that was pretty strong... why would you keep your child there?? If my child was in that much danger, he/she would be out! why put a kid through that? I think you should look into private school since there is not another SD you can use. It's either that, or move to a different SD... As a mother myself, I protect my kids..not keep them in an environment that puts them in harms way. no offence to you, but I am having a hard time understanding why you as a mother didn't pull your child out and let him/her be subjected to what he/she has been exposed to... sorry..but I say shame on you also.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:21 AM

852 posts, read 2,017,467 times
Default Your child is an it?

Quote:
Your child is an "it?"

"I am most sad for my child,as it is "the child left behind".

Your post leaves me wondering if you actually have a child in the district, or if you are familiar yourself with schooling. Look at your spacing, poor pronoun usage, and punctuation (period outside quotation marks).

Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glags11 View Post
As a teacher on the island, I can tell you that deer park is a so so school district.....not sure that it pays too well....
I hope you aren't an English teacher, or even ESL for that matter.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I hope you aren't an English teacher, or even ESL for that matter.
You bumped this from a year ago?

Old 05-14-2010, 12:08 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Bumped with good reason, dman. glags11 is a teacher who is aghast that people aren't supportive of a 5% raise for teachers in a certain district. Posts generated by glags11 tend to be rife with punctuation, spelling errors, lack of capitalization, etc. -- the types of mistakes a well-educated and well paid teacher shouldn't be making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island