Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,926,569 times

Advertisements

Hey..I am looking for a resturant that may have a room availble for a baby shower. The shower would be in August. I live in PA so but am from medford and I can not think of any resturants that might fit this need.

Patchogue, Medford, Blue Point, Bayport, Sayville, Oakdale etc. I do not want to have to have my long island realtives drive too far...most live in the Pat-Med area!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 05:28 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,413,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Hey..I am looking for a resturant that may have a room availble for a baby shower. The shower would be in August. I live in PA so but am from medford and I can not think of any resturants that might fit this need.

Patchogue, Medford, Blue Point, Bayport, Sayville, Oakdale etc. I do not want to have to have my long island realtives drive too far...most live in the Pat-Med area!

Thanks.
Irish coffee house islip not to far and a woman I work with just had a christening there and was happy with it.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,379,591 times
Last baby shower I was at was at the chinese buffet in Stony Brook. However for the life of me, I can't recall the name. Maybe someone else here can help me out. It's on 347 on the north side. It was nice because everyone got to pick what they wanted to eat and you could sneak back up for some fruit or something during the long present opening part! There's a chinese buffet in Medford too - in the Island Rec shopping center on Horseblock road between 112 and the LIE. I had a friend that just loved that place. Personally I try to stay away from buffets - they tend to make my tush bigger! LOL! But for a party it might be a good idea.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,844 times
Hey I am looking for a venue to have a baby shower at . I live in oakdale ny and I was looking for something in Sayville or oakdale. any suggestions?

Old 11-29-2014, 04:30 PM

57 posts, read 87,748 times
My sister hosted one at Lessing's The View in Oakdale. It was a Sunday Brunch.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 AM

791 posts, read 1,613,856 times
Perabell or Public House on Main Street in Patchogue.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:10 PM

94 posts, read 219,386 times
We had our first child 9 months ago and we had the shower at the Babylon Carriage House in Babylon. My wife's sister and mother did 95% of the planning so I can't comment much on the cost and other details but it was very nice.

Old 12-01-2014, 05:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,751 times
We had my daughter's baby shower in August 2013 at the Bayard Cutting Arboretum...It was awesome and the menu was what I felt was appropriate for a baby shower. Food was awesome and price was as well... The catering is done by the Hidden Oak Cafe on the premises. Backdrop for pictures was very nice as well!..

Old 12-01-2014, 11:37 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,553,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lialleycat View Post
Last baby shower I was at was at the chinese buffet in Stony Brook. However for the life of me, I can't recall the name. Maybe someone else here can help me out. It's on 347 on the north side. It was nice because everyone got to pick what they wanted to eat and you could sneak back up for some fruit or something during the long present opening part! There's a chinese buffet in Medford too - in the Island Rec shopping center on Horseblock road between 112 and the LIE. I had a friend that just loved that place. Personally I try to stay away from buffets - they tend to make my tush bigger! LOL! But for a party it might be a good idea.
Kumo is now where the buffet was.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:46 AM

715 posts, read 1,228,588 times
Gemelli's in Babylon is another good location. We were originally going to have a small wedding there, but I've seen communions there and I'm attending a bridal shower there next month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island