Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:10 PM

138 posts, read 600,586 times

Advertisements

I would love any information on this.

PLEASE.

My husband and I have a deposit on land in Quogue. We plan to build a nice home and we are going through the motions, however, due to restrictions etc. Our house plan will not fit the correct way on the land. The house is very long and 6,000 sq feet and even though we have 1 acre 1/4 piece, it won't work with setbacks etc.

Laywers are working on this now.

Meanwhile....we found something else.. but it's is literally on the border of Quogue and East Quogue. The address would be East Quogue and I just don't know if E Quogue is as nice as Quogue. Also concerned about the different school districts.

I know Quogue schools are excellent.

THOUGHTS??? Anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,655,200 times
I think Quogue is the ritzier of the 2. EQ is move like Hampton Bays. Median prices for Q is over $1M, where it's less than 1/2 in EQ. Both are quite nice, though. If it's the same schools, etc., I wouldn't worry too much.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Yes I know Quogue is more of a ritzy area

I just am so confused about what to do with schools.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:22 PM

Well I just found out that the other property on the border of Quogue and EQ is located on a street people call Millionaires row.. Supposedly this is a prestigious street. I looked into it and it wouldn't matter to me the mailing address because the location is amazing. It's walk to water S of hwy and all that jazz but....

I really could care less, I'm concerned about the schools.. I'm still looking into this and so far I'm pleased. It's not bad at all.. actually may be better. Still searching.. Thank goodness for internet and people with opinions.. ha

Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 AM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,920,896 times
I always thought East Quogue was the ghetto of the hamptons?

Old 04-28-2007, 02:05 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BovinaCowHateWindTurbines View Post
I always thought East Quogue was the ghetto of the hamptons?
Nah... that's Flanders
But E Quogue is more downscale. I love it there- so simple & quiet... I hope it never gets "discovered"!!!!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:56 PM

525 posts, read 2,350,985 times
Flanders? I thought Flanders whas the ghetto of the North Fork!!

Though it is a hop skip and a jump to the hamptons. TurbineCow must be old school LI

Old 04-28-2007, 03:13 PM

As long time North Forker - I would say Flanders is not a ghetto. And no offense is was kinda a joke to those who think the Quogues are some elite holdup for the tasteful and sophistimacated type. I heard that said once in a bar in East Hampton, when someone was confusing EQ with EH. Flanders was and maybe still is one of the maybe last waterfront communites where (ordinary?) folk could get a piece of the beauty of the east end. I looked there myself for a while. But any land with a decent sized puddle near it has gone through the roof.

A. Flanders nice waterfront community
B. Near lots o shopping whens the views get too boring or the birds are making too much noise.
C. Near the North Fork.
D. Quogue is a fancy Shirley? Not sure.

Discuss

lol have a nice weekend
I am long gone from that sand spit.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:25 PM

As long time North Forker - I would say Flanders is not a ghetto. And no offense is was kinda a joke to those who think the Quogues are some elite holdup for the tasteful and sophistimacated type. I heard that said once in a bar in East Hampton, when someone was confusing EQ with EH. Flanders was and maybe still is one of the maybe last waterfront communites where (ordinary?) folk could get a piece of the beauty of the east end. I looked there myself for a while. But any land with a decent sized puddle near it has gone through the roof.

A. Flanders nice waterfront community
B. Near lots o shopping whens the views get too boring or the birds are making too much noise.
C. Near the North Fork.
D. Quogue is a fancy Shirley? Not sure.

Discuss

lol have a nice weekend
I am long gone from that sand spit.

I remember Gin lane in Southhampton was called Millionaires row but the people in East Hampton thought that was a ghetto

times change i guess

Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 PM

242 posts, read 1,018,127 times
Quogue is definitely ritzier but E. Quogue is fine and very family oriented. Quogue may be a but better school wise but they all end up going to Westhampton Beach after elementary school. Nothing to worry about. As far as it being an armpit or the ghetto of the Hamptons, I hope that's a joke otherwise it is a description from the uninformed. East Quogue is still a few steps up from Hampton Bays and worlds apart from Flanders, Riverhead or Mastic/Shirley, which would be more accurate if described as an armpit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island