Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:07 PM

240 posts, read 237,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Read between the lines, look at the jargon they use, the intimate knowledge of the precincts, the terminology. There are A LOT of cops posting on LI politics. The mod of that forum is a cop and gives advice to people seeking LE jobs. It's an anonymous venting sight for cops and the people who hate them to fling crud at each other.
Why would the cops be so stupid as so air their dirty laundry on a public forum like that??

Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56 Fighter View Post
Why would the cops be so stupid as so air their dirty laundry on a public forum like that??
Some of them are that stupid. Not all, but some. I'd imagine if I was pulling 125K every year and I was 10 years away from a ridiculously cush out, I'd keep my mouth shut too, but some of them are quite arrogant in addition to being stupid.

I never knew what Suffolk cops made until I went on that website 5 year or so ago during some political campaigns I was interested in. I found my way over to the cesspool one day, and my eyes were opened. Their constant bragging changed me from a bystander to someone who actively supports their opposition. I'll join Levy's next campaign solely on his dealings with the SCPBA. I'm hoping that every person on LI can see the SCPD's most arrogant cops at their unchecked anonymous best.

Now, I must say, the SCPD I know..they aren't jerks like this at all. Maybe they are the smart ones.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:29 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,145 times
Quote:
Some of them are that stupid. Not all, but some. I'd imagine if I was pulling 125K every year and I was 10 years away from a ridiculously cush out, I'd keep my mouth shut too, but some of them are quite arrogant in addition to being stupid.

I never knew what Suffolk cops made until I went on that website 5 year or so ago during some political campaigns I was interested in. I found my way over to the cesspool one day, and my eyes were opened. Their constant bragging changed me from a bystander to someone who actively supports their opposition. I'll join Levy's next campaign solely on his dealings with the SCPBA. I'm hoping that every person on LI can see the SCPD's most arrogant cops at their unchecked anonymous best.

Now, I must say, the SCPD I know..they aren't jerks like this at all. Maybe they are the smart ones.

I wasn't aware Levy was opposed to the SCPD. It is my understanding he opposed how much money the state received with fines (Revenue) collected in Suffolk. I'm sure he predicted backlash from the SCPD but the way I see it, the cops made Levy the enemy, not the other way around.
I support what he's doing.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:34 PM

874 posts, read 2,875,416 times
I will make a point that there are a lot of NYPD cops that think they should be paid the same as the SCPD. A lot of them give the reason being that the police in the city do a lot more than the police on Long Island. It never really bothered me personally. The way I see it any police officer on any department can get seriously injured or killed by a criminal and the second that happens he or she earned every penny made throughout his or her career.
I personally do not know about the supposed tensions between the Sheriffs and the SCPD. I can't really see that happening since I would think the officers themselves are not the people pushing for changes with the departments. I also can't see a police officer having another police officer chase him and then demand courtesy. In that instance there is a very good chance that the officer demanding the courtesy will be arrested or at least ticketed. I know of a few NYPD officers that have been pulled over by Suffolk County officers and received tickets due to the fact that the NYPD officer gave the Suffolk officer a hard time. I do not know why any officer would give another officer a hard time knowing what the other officer goes through working on a daily basis.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I wasn't aware Levy was opposed to the SCPD. It is my understanding he opposed how much money the state received with fines (Revenue) collected in Suffolk. I'm sure he predicted backlash from the SCPD but the way I see it, the cops made Levy the enemy, not the other way around.
I support what he's doing.

He's not opposed to them, but he believes they are overpaid, and he's been looking for ways around them to save money. They wouldn't be running propaganda commercials against him otherwise.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,601,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propain View Post
You can flip a car at 25 hitting a guardrail.
And you can flip an SUV at an even lower speed than that, simply from one wheel striking a typical suburban curb at the "wrong" angle.

No further commentary other than to say that seatbelts really DO save lives, and that every single top-heavy-designed vehicle (van, SUV, crossover, whatever) should be equipped by law with full side curtain airbags with gyroscope sensors.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
I will make a point that there are a lot of NYPD cops that think they should be paid the same as the SCPD. A lot of them give the reason being that the police in the city do a lot more than the police on Long Island. It never really bothered me personally. The way I see it any police officer on any department can get seriously injured or killed by a criminal and the second that happens he or she earned every penny made throughout his or her career.
I personally do not know about the supposed tensions between the Sheriffs and the SCPD. I can't really see that happening since I would think the officers themselves are not the people pushing for changes with the departments. I also can't see a police officer having another police officer chase him and then demand courtesy. In that instance there is a very good chance that the officer demanding the courtesy will be arrested or at least ticketed. I know of a few NYPD officers that have been pulled over by Suffolk County officers and received tickets due to the fact that the NYPD officer gave the Suffolk officer a hard time. I do not know why any officer would give another officer a hard time knowing what the other officer goes through working on a daily basis.
I think most cops probably don't get involved in this stuff, but it's pretty clear from the forums that some cops see the other dept as taking food out of their kids mouths, or being used as a tool to do that..so.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,145 times
Quote:
He's not opposed to them, but he believes they are overpaid, and he's been looking for ways around them to save money. They wouldn't be running propaganda commercials against him otherwise.

Since when does propoganda need a shred of truth?
The one commercial you speak of is the SCPBA's attempt to twist the situation around so it looks like Levy is removing cops that are our only source of protection. It's disgusting pandering, IMO and I wouldn't be surprised it the stupid among us actually believe them.
Levy said he was after the state to "Save money", not the cops. He's not looking for ways around them. Not sure where you got that from.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
Since when does propoganda need a shred of truth?
The one commercial you speak of is the SCPBA's attempt to twist the situation around so it looks like Levy is removing cops that are our only source of protection. It's disgusting pandering, IMO and I wouldn't be surprised it the stupid among us actually believe them.
Levy said he was after the state to "Save money", not the cops. He's not looking for ways around them. Not sure where you got that from.

He's was looking for a way around having to pay them overtime, and saw the highway detail as the area of opportunity. The argument is 6 of one half dozen of another...the cops are a big expense, and Levy realizes that their comp needs to come back down to earth, and that means no holds barred in the way they talk about him.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:00 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
closed for mod review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: