U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-16-2009, 05:39 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,986,095 times

Advertisements

How's the Lobster Inn nowadays and their prices?

We were relocated to Va in 2004 and were only able to get good seafood in Va beach (went in the off season as Va beach is not cupsogue) in local Va supermarkets were able to get shrimp and ok lobster tails.

In 2008 relocated again to the Midwest. Seafood here is Red Lobster and yeck fish in supermarkets. Bought frozen shrimp and lobster tails from Costco which are ok-but imported.

Not the same as fresh. We are really missing Lobster Inn-hopefully they are still as good as we remember them especially the twin culls. Also dying for steamers-no place around to get them! We just got back from Emerald Isle, NC-no steamers!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 PM

851 posts, read 1,225,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
How's the Lobster Inn nowadays and their prices?

We were relocated to Va in 2004 and were only able to get good seafood in Va beach (went in the off season as Va beach is not cupsogue) in local Va supermarkets were able to get shrimp and ok lobster tails.

In 2008 relocated again to the Midwest. Seafood here is Red Lobster and yeck fish in supermarkets. Bought frozen shrimp and lobster tails from Costco which are ok-but imported.

Not the same as fresh. We are really missing Lobster Inn-hopefully they are still as good as we remember them especially the twin culls. Also dying for steamers-no place around to get them! We just got back from Emerald Isle, NC-no steamers!
cannot answer your question, but have one for you. When in Emerald Isle, did you visit the Sanitary Fish Market in Morehead City ? We have eaten there a few times, always leave happy. Is it still there ?

Old 07-17-2009, 02:56 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,986,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
cannot answer your question, but have one for you. When in Emerald Isle, did you visit the Sanitary Fish Market in Morehead City ? We have eaten there a few times, always leave happy. Is it still there ?
Yes-it is still there. This is our 5th summer going to Emerald Isle and have never gone to the Sanitary Fish Market. Always stayed in Emerald Isle.

This last trip we didn't go out once! Take out and delivery. I needed to get my fill of staring at the beach and the ocean until we return in August. Also our 2 kids with their friends-so it was beach-pool-shuffle board.

We will have to check it out when we return in August.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:46 PM

61 posts, read 145,564 times
Lobster Inn is open still, but I think this is to be its last summer.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:33 PM

13,833 posts, read 16,229,683 times
Where is Lobster Inn?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 PM

851 posts, read 1,225,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKVA View Post
Yes-it is still there. This is our 5th summer going to Emerald Isle and have never gone to the Sanitary Fish Market. Always stayed in Emerald Isle.

This last trip we didn't go out once! Take out and delivery. I needed to get my fill of staring at the beach and the ocean until we return in August. Also our 2 kids with their friends-so it was beach-pool-shuffle board.

We will have to check it out when we return in August.
check it out - it looks like a large cafeteria inside - nothing fancy - but food is great. We haven't been there for years but remember how happy we always were to see that "Welcome to Emerald Isle" sign on the bridge after driving from LI. There was an aquarium on the Island also, and we took a day trip to Beaufort - really close, a nice little town . I miss the place. Enjoy

Old 07-18-2009, 02:14 AM

90 posts, read 244,229 times
i love the garlicky steamers at Popei's; there are 3 of them i think, on LI. One in Coram, one on Sunrise Highway, I think it's Sayville. Not sure where the other one is. Whenever i'm visiting LI, i make sure to stop there for steamers. Vincent's Clam Bar in Carle Place also used to have incredible steamers, haven't had them in awhile there though.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:57 AM

220 posts, read 687,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Where is Lobster Inn?
On 27 in Southampton at what used to be the nightmare merge before the new lanes were added. It's on the north side of the road just east of the exit.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 PM

815 posts, read 1,144,643 times
It used to open every year on Feb 14. This year Memorial Day....not a good sign for the Lobster Inn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island