Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:02 PM

39 posts, read 84,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
We are assuming it is Marijuana. There are two of them actually. Cars drive up a block and pull over. Dealer walks over to car and leans in. Deal gets done and dealer walks away. A couple of us on the block are fed up with it. One guy on my block followed a kid last week and he got on his phone and walked up to a house and 3 dudes came out. My friend totally outed him as selling drugs and told him to stop. The 3 dudes grabbed the kid and took him into the house. We have called the precinct and gotten no where. Patrol cars come and make themselves seen and nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?
Would you mind sharing the response, if any, from the emails you sent to politicos and the civic association?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 AM

874 posts, read 2,874,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getonmylevel420 View Post
Whoever this ignorant person is who keeps saying arguments are weak he needs to take a lesson from himself about weak arguments because any intelligent person knows you have to view the argument from both sides before you can say anything critical and no one will ever know the truth about marijuana because they are scared just like you to face the facts about it and see isn't bad at all it's only bad because everyone that does it isn't doing it legally because morons like you don't realize that people have to commit a crime to smoke it so your argument is weak because you don't know the truth and never will
Were you smoking when you wrote this?

Old 08-08-2009, 07:46 AM

815 posts, read 2,051,606 times
Were you smoking when you wrote this?

Either that or he is using a keyboard with no punctuation marks!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:28 AM

852 posts, read 2,016,890 times
Default I was the guy with the drug dealer...

Quote:
We are assuming it is Marijuana. There are two of them actually. Cars drive up a block and pull over. Dealer walks over to car and leans in. Deal gets done and dealer walks away. A couple of us on the block are fed up with it. One guy on my block followed a kid last week and he got on his phone and walked up to a house and 3 dudes came out. My friend totally outed him as selling drugs and told him to stop. The 3 dudes grabbed the kid and took him into the house. We have called the precinct and gotten no where. Patrol cars come and make themselves seen and nothing happens. Anyone have any suggestions?
1) Fixing it will not be as simple as a call to the cops.
2) You have to be persistent and bossy.

I live in Suffolk and I couldn't get cops to do any more than you describe - roll by and look. Of course, they always took so long that they couldn't have observed anything. Cars lingering for 10 minutes waiting for a drug deal would just sit, but always be gone before a cop showed. Sometimes I'd call 6 times per day.

I suggest calling and asking for the narcotics people. Ask them to call YOU back. Share your name and phone number, and offer to help them any way that you can. My suspicion is that this will get you through the several layers of unresponsive Moderator cut: language removed that I dealt with while trying to be anonymous.

If they don't help, call your state rep's constituent services. As soon as I called my state rep, there was an unmarked detective car outside the guy's house for 24 hours. That's the best advice I have.

Finally, if anyone here wants pot legalized or suggests that you be more lenient with drug dealers, it's because they don't have kids. They are selfish, probably living at home, smoking pot, and couldn't give less of a $hit about you or your situation; that's was libertarianism is about. Total and radical individualism.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 08-09-2009 at 07:47 AM..

Old 08-09-2009, 05:41 AM

852 posts, read 2,016,890 times
Default Billy Mays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getonmylevel420 View Post
Whoever this ignorant person is who keeps saying arguments are weak he needs to take a lesson from himself about weak arguments because any intelligent person knows you have to view the argument from both sides before you can say anything critical and no one will ever know the truth about marijuana because they are scared just like you to face the facts about it and see isn't bad at all it's only bad because everyone that does it isn't doing it legally because morons like you don't realize that people have to commit a crime to smoke it so your argument is weak because you don't know the truth and never will
"Billy Mays here for Nonsense & Run-ons!"

Old 08-09-2009, 07:14 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
1) Fixing it will not be as simple as a call to the cops.
2) You have to be persistent and bossy.

I live in Suffolk and I couldn't get cops to do any more than you describe - roll by and look. Of course, they always took so long that they couldn't have observed anything. Cars lingering for 10 minutes waiting for a drug deal would just sit, but always be gone before a cop showed. Sometimes I'd call 6 times per day.

I suggest calling and asking for the narcotics people. Ask them to call YOU back. Share your name and phone number, and offer to help them any way that you can. My suspicion is that this will get you through the several layers of unresponsive bull**** that I dealt with while trying to be anonymous.

If they don't help, call your state rep's constituent services. As soon as I called my state rep, there was an unmarked detective car outside the guy's house for 24 hours. That's the best advice I have.

Finally, if anyone here wants pot legalized or suggests that you be more lenient with drug dealers, it's because they don't have kids. They are selfish, probably living at home, smoking pot, and couldn't give less of a $hit about you or your situation; that's was libertarianism is about. Total and radical individualism.

You could also get the rest of your neighbors together and have a protest outside that house and call the NEWS, let the news do there show and tell act how nothing is done.
At the same time you'll be getting your neighborhood together, a communicating neighborhood is great...not like what they are now.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:56 AM

39 posts, read 84,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
It's Time to Legalize Drugs
By Peter Moskos and Stanford "Neill" Franklin
Monday, August 17, 2009

Peter Moskos is a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the author of "Cop in the Hood." Neill Franklin is a 32-year law enforcement veteran. Both served as Baltimore City police officers and are members of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.
Here is their website:

LEAP - Law Enforcement Against Prohibition - Cops Say Legalize Drugs

I have no problem with legalizing reefer for adults.

But that other stuff is scary and affects people in different ways. I really don't want my family or friends out in public among people tripping on acid...or high on any mind altering drug that severely impairs judgment....including alcohol.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:55 AM

66 posts, read 232,592 times
Just found out this morning that there is a meeting at our local library regarding this situation. There also was an impromptu meeting on someone's porch a few days ago.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:48 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times
Quote:
I mean c'mon. Go do it in a parking lot or something. Not in front of our houses.

We are working on getting the cell #...
This is happening in many residential areas because they can operate, as if they live there, and the police will not bother them. The Candy Man is coming to the front door, NOW, and getting away with it.

Many parents feel that if their children are in a corner in their neighborhood, they are safe, and they do not check as often on their children, or keep track of cars parading through their neiborhood, especially at night, before 12 am.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:30 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,507,335 times

YouTube - are you talkin' to me? fieldy's dreams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island