U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-27-2009, 07:42 AM

653 posts, read 1,121,354 times

Advertisements

There are 4 dunkin' donuts in COmmack. That one is the only one with a drive-thru. There is another on Vets Hwy which is around the block. One one Commack Rd. and another way down Jericho on the E. Northport border. I just figure if the are all coming in on a truck they all are crappy.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 AM

1,056 posts, read 659,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
true, unfortunately its a good way to lose customers as well....which I'm sure more and more owners now are willing to take that risk...I know I won't be going back there. Dunkin Donuts are a dime a dozen...I'll just see where the next closest one is next time I'm in the area...I'm pretty sure there's at least one within a mile or two of this one

well, becareful. that guy owns another dunkin donuts in the nearby area so if he does it in one, he'll do it in another.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerMan View Post
They better watch out for Tim Hortons. I've seen them in Penn Station, they are from Canada and have ousted DD and taken over their locations there. I haven't tried them yet but soon enough.
a friend of mine told me about this canadian thing. he said they would take over dd but I dont see it. too many people drink dd and they prefer it over starbucks and if anyone would get taken over, it would be starbucks.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:52 AM

ok, the guy I know owns the DD in commack, right off the sagatos and jerico turnpike. he also owns the one in northport and huntington off 25a.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 AM

270 posts, read 620,775 times
Tim Hortons coffee beats Starbucks any day of the week.

As for the Commack DD - I'm guessing they're just keeping inventory on the shelf longer than they ought to. The DD's on Larkfield in E. Northport and the one on Ft. Salonga Rd in Northport are usually fine to me. Granted I don't realyl go there all too often, but on the occassions that I've gone there, it's been acceptable.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:28 AM

875 posts, read 1,552,389 times
I will only go to the Dunkin Donuts stores that make the donuts in the store. Any that have the donuts brought from somewhere else tends to have this problem. The majority of Dunkin Donuts that have the donuts brought in do so because the store is too small for the donut making equipment.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM

653 posts, read 1,121,354 times
So you do notice a difference. I really do not know any that make their own except for Lynbrook. I do not get donuts on a regular basis but when the family gets together I like to buy them.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM

well, the ones that are bought in usually get bought in from a bigger one that is owned by the same owner.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,144,056 times
DD is all about the coffee...it was never about the donuts. Something they learned when they rallied back from the beating Krispy Kreme was giving them for a while...

Old 07-27-2009, 10:14 AM

145 posts, read 342,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
DD is all about the coffee...it was never about the donuts. Something they learned when they rallied back from the beating Krispy Kreme was giving them for a while...
Ugh...I keep hearing about the Hortons donuts and hopefully the hype its getting isn't too much like KK donuts get (IMO). I found K Kreme donuts to be gooey sweet pap.

Back to DD: There's a small one a short walk away from me and their donuts aren't that up to par like I remembered. This summer I've been going there for the Coffee Coolatas and Iced Coffee more than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island